» Marionette
New Horizons (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
New Horizons (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
New Horizons (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
New Horizons (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
New Horizons (OPEN) - Page 2 EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

New Horizons (OPEN)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Horizons (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Horizons (OPEN)

Post by Tororu on April 6th 2014, 9:52 pm

Tororu was able to use his Chaotic Transfomation to give himself working gills so he could swim for long periods of time underwater. He could give him to his friend if he allowed it. He swam up to him quickly a small devilish smile on his face.

"So what do you think?" He said speaking clearly. For things like this, he was almost glad he had the nightmare beast inside him. He pointed to the gills on his neck and pointed to Eno. "I can give you some if you want thumbs up for yes down for no."

Battle Theme: "Awake and Alive - Skillet
Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 7th 2014, 2:02 am

Xoen was quick to respond. While the thoughts of utilizing such a unique ability were that of joy, he went against it. Tororou was a new friend, and while he did come off as someone who wanted nothing more than to have a good time, Xoen did not want to alter his body to experience his own brand of fun.

Trust would be another issue, could he really let someone he hardly knew cast a spell on him that would force him to remain under the cold, clear waters they’re in? What would happen should Tororu removed his magical influence if Xoen so happened to dive down too deep? The thoughts of the pressure crushing him, or drowning before reaching the surface played across his mind.

A firm shake of the head, followed by a thumb down, would he his answer. He even tried to add words with his answer, but all that came out was garbled moans followed by bubbles. Quickly, his movements panicky, Xoen would swim up to the surface to fill his lungs with the fresh air that awaited him.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 15,000/15,000EXP
Level III: 19,739/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 7th 2014, 9:21 pm

Tororu nodded his understanding when he refused the offer. He was nervous when Eno tried to speak underwater. He was able to with the combination of his gills and his magic. He swam behind Eno as they swam to the surface. Eno was the first to break the surface getting air while Tororu slowly poked his head up after him.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 8th 2014, 4:45 pm

“I,” he gasps, “completely forgot you can’t,” another breath, “breathe under water without gills. God that was stupid.” Eno shakes his head, disappointed in his own actions. Turning he comes face to face with Tororu.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 9th 2014, 9:37 pm

"Don't worry I nearly drowned dozens of times trying to get this trick right." He laughed floating on his back in the cool water. He looked up at the sky as the clouds started to drift in front of the sun.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 11th 2014, 12:52 am

Following suit, Eno decides to lie back as well. Perhaps, this should have been the first thing he did rather than trying to dive underwater. While the creatures within the lake surely held a splendor of their own, none could compare to the majesty that is that cloudy sky.

Little grey and white balls of fluff that float miles high into the sky, being forced upon whichever path the air decides to push it on. Their shadows float along the surface of the lake, occasionally providing much needed shade for the burning ball of fire beating down its rays. Using his hand to shield his eyes when they move, he’s able to make out various outlines.

The head of a dragon, a teapot, even a rake. Anything is possible to be seen, one only needed to imagine and allow the clouds to play their part. Eno took in a deep breath, held it in for a few moments, before finally releasing it. The piles of stress from his imprisonment seem to melt away in an instant.

Suddenly, his eyes shoot open, Imprisonment? For as long as he could remember he never thought of his situation as being a horrid one. That laboratory wasn’t a prison; it was his home, filled to the brim with individuals that cared for him. They raised him Eno the person he is, it’s because of their kindness he’s been able to branch out and grow.

His strength, endurance, agility, every improvement was because of the tasks they set out for him. He can’t picture a life without them offering him guidance. So why, why think of it in that way now? Was it this open sky, the lake, the leafy scent that filled the air? Maybe the calming noise of the roaring waterfall could attest to it… who knows?

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 11th 2014, 12:58 am

"So what is it like living in a laboratory?" Tororu asked absently to the man. He envied the clouds. Able to just hang around all day and gently fly around where ever the wind decided to take them. They didn't seem to have a care in the world much like himself.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 11th 2014, 6:39 pm

“It’s repetitive,” Eno answers, “every day it’s the same thing.” As he speaks his mind is able to provide Eno with a vivid picture. Having done the same thing over a hundred times would make it easy for anyone looking to explain how their days go.

“I wake up, exercise, fight heartless, then after a shower I lay on a bed while they stick me with needles and pump me full of substances,” he smiles thinking about the chemicals that heat his body as it travels through him, providing a numbing sensation as it does so. It always caused a sense of delirium in the man, making it rather hard for him to stay conscious. “Because of the medicines they put in me I haven’t had to eat, drink, or even use the restroom, doesn’t keep me from sleeping thankfully.”

“But,” he sighs, “While it is fun getting to fight, I do get tired of seeing the same white hallways, the same fluorescent lights, and same heartless that they bring me to kill. This is the first time I’ve ever been given the opportunity to do something other than the norm.”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 11th 2014, 7:35 pm

Tororu looked at him and swam over closer to him as he listened. It sounded horrible to him. To a free spirit like Tororu being stuck in the same place doing the same routine was a living hell.

"Well I can't say I envy you not one bit. But if that is the life you choose then there is nothing I can say but go for it." he said dipping back under the water for a little bit before coming up beside him again. "Though I think you will like it out here in the worlds. No one telling you what to do. No needles and dangerous drugs. You're your own man."

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 12th 2014, 1:57 am

“Well, I wouldn’t say it’s the life I chose,” Eno lowers himself back into the water, turning to face Tororu. “To be honest, until today it was all I knew. I don’t remember anything before the lab.”

It doesn’t matter when, or how he tries, even now, attempting to sift through the several areas of his mind turn up nothing. Bleak, empty space embraces him, showing him the vastness that is the void. However, there are some portions that have been filled. Scenes distorted and faceless figures dot the expanse of his subconscious, sadly nothing can be placed together.

“No matter,” Eno says to himself more than Tororu. “It may be boring, but those people are my family. They’ve taken care of me, they kept me safe. In return I do what they ask of me.” Despite the conviction in his tone, somewhere in the back of his mind, Tororu’s words linger.

There is great temptation in his speech, the mere thought of being truly free, to do what he pleased when he pleased, in a way it was an exciting fantasy. No Karl giving him medications, no Noah having him fight Morning Stars that leave wounds for his heart to heal. Scrutinizing gazes, tightknit schedules, the inability to act as the human he believed himself to be all but a passing memory.

But alas, it is what it is: A fantasy…

Last edited by Xoen on April 12th 2014, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 12th 2014, 10:23 pm

Tororu nodded and looked at him seemed to read his mind through. He known many people that thought similarly. Of course not under the same circumstances, but similar none the less.

"Just remember that you always have a choice, and that you should also look out for your own interests." He left that line of thought at that and swam back down into the lake using his powers to give himself gills again in order to swim deeper.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 13th 2014, 12:45 am

If only I knew what those interests were, Eno thought to himself.

With Tororu diving back down into the crystal clear depths, Eno was left alone. Not wanting to simply float there any longer, he decided to use this time as a means to gauge his stamina in the water.

He'd swim from one end of the lake to the other, while he was sure his technique would be lacking, it should be more than enough to get the job done. Knowing this, he decides that pacing himself would be the wise option.

It starts off as a slow, unrefined dog paddle at first, but it quickly evolves into something simple yet efficient. Breaststrokes, using his feet to kick, along with his hand motions, he's able to propel himself at a pace that is neither fast nor slow. The resistance of the water provides a rather satisfying work out, forcing his muscles to give out a bit more power in order to maintain the same speed. However, the further he went, the more he realized that the lake is much larger than he thought. Seeing this does fill him with a sense of dread, it does add in a nagging feeling in the back of his mind, but still he presses on. Controlled breaths follow his movements, allowing him to keep his body steady. There was no need to overexert himself after all, he wasn't going for a record time, distance was all that was on his mind.

If Tororu wanted to see where he'd gone, all he'd have to do is find the bubbles waves being displaced by Eno's limbs, along with the small array of bubbles that followed.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 14th 2014, 12:18 am

Tororu swam to the surface after a while, and he watched the other man swim the length of the lake. He had to give him credit for wanting to train, and even accomplishing as much as he did for his first time. Something distracted Tororu from the man's swimming. It was a feeling at the edge of his conciseness. He swam quickly to the edge of the lake and got out. He stood looking out to the forest ignoring the water that dripped from his body.

"Something doesn't feel right, but what is it?" He asked himself.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 16th 2014, 12:04 am

Noticing Tororu swimming quickly to the edge of the lake, Eno felt compelled to swim back to him. Something must have happened to make the man want to suddenly leave the cool, calming waters. Deciding to use crawl strokes over breast strokes, he was able to propel himself faster than before. The closer he came to the odd fellow, the more his concern for Tororu grew. His gaze is focused on the thicket of the forest, as though he were looking for something.

Perhaps an animal made its way through, rustling the bushes? Or maybe the time had come for Xoen's training to begin. The group back home did warn him of the heartless on this world. There may be a good chance that a group of them managed to find their way here. If that was the case, Eno had to get to the edge as quickly as possible. He was sure Tororu could handle himself should a fight start, but it was always nice to have someone at your back to make sure you weren't taken by surprise. However, what the test subject didn't know was that there was a surprise waiting for him many feet below him...

There were four of these individuals, humanoid in stature and confident in posture. Yet, they were anything but human. Like their predecessors they were of the creatures that bathed in the darkness: Heartless, specifically they shared the same appearances of those known as the Armored Knights. But, all it would take is a single glance for even the those with limited knowledge of their existence to realize that this squad had vast differences.

Their height rivaled that of Eno, and their pauldrons have been removed to allow full rotation of their shoulders. The reverse bend of their legs were fixed to match that of a person's, and each sported a scarf. The colors varied from red, to blue, to green, and finally to brown.  In spite of their unique appearances, that wouldn't be what made them stand out among the rest. What would, is that they may be slaves to instinct, they still had the mental capacity to think, to strategize. And right now they're doing just that.

The green and red scarfed knights huddle in a nearby bush, peering out to Tororu as the sun dries his soaking form. The one wearing green brought its gaze to his palm, a sickly green glow could be seen emanating from its palm after a few seconds. Quickly, the knight places its hand on the grass, letting its spell take course in the nature of the wood. A ring forms around it, spreading out at an alarming rate. At this point Tororu could see the ethereal wisps of its ability plain as day as the thin ring expands to just before his feet. As the light fades the sound of creaking fills his ears as the trees nearby began to bend and sway with at eerie angles. Slowly the thick brown trunks began to lose it's complexion, fading into a light grey as though that portion of the forest had lost all life. A thick branch about the size of his arm swung horizontally from his right, looking to smack the center of his face.

Meanwhile, on the lake, Eno clamored to reach the beach, having seen the drastic change occur. However, he wouldn't make it. The blue scarfed armored knight waited for him below the surface, using a spell similar to it's partners, but blue in color, he aimed his open palm at Eno's exposed torso, sending a column of water rushing to meet him. The test subject let out a sudden breath of air the cylindrical portion of water rammed into his solar pelxus, knocking the wind from his lungs and launching him into the air. The fourth member of their team watched the ambush unfold, sitting on a nearby branch of a tree unaffected by the spell cast.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 16th 2014, 9:34 pm

Tororu would pull his head back bending his back at almost a cringing angle. The branch flew over his head and he snapped back straight extending both hands out in front of him. A large blue magic circle formed in front of his hands.

"What I seek is fire, Flareon!" He shouted. A large column of fire two feet in diameter jetted forward out into the forest. It incinerated small plant life and set the larger plants on fire. He barley noticed Eno getting hit, as he waited for the counter attack.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 17th 2014, 12:16 am

The heartless, seeing the fire coming, quickly darted to the left, managing to not only stay in cover of the forest, but avoid Tororu's attack. The one adorned with the red scarf would open its palm, a purple torrent of flames apppear as it did. The flames moved in such a pattern that it created the outline of a bow, leaving a dark grey bend as it moved.  Within seconds a grey, metallic seeming recurve bow appeared in its left hand. Finding a gap in the bushes he stopped, pulled back on the string, and took aim. As he readied his weapon three maroon arrows appeared one on top of the other in a vertical line.

As soon as he launched them they were ablaze in a white, holy appearing fire. Meanwhile, the green scarfed knight would use its power over the very nature around them to continue the branched assault on the strange man. The thick, wooden limbs of the oak to his right swing vertically as though to crush him. The one to his left would bend at the center, trying to crush him with his whole body while the branches moved at sharp angles. Their targets his chest, and the back of his legs just under the knee.

Tororu wasn't the only one with his hands full sadly. The one capable of water manipulation leaped out of the lake, sailing into the air adjacent to the magical geyser keeping Eno up. When he came to Eno's current height in the air he slapped his palms together. Two tendrils of water came stretching forth from the surface of the lake, twisting around him in a double helix pattern. The path of these two wriggling columns of water would extend many yards above his head before twisting into a single entity at the top. Like a snake the single tunnel of water slithered and bent aiming for the test subject's side. Eno barely had enough time to summon his armor before being treated to another blow akin to that of a speeding truck ramming into him. He's launched at an angle, his point of landing being right where his companion was standing. Eno quickly glanced between him and the armored knight, unable to change his trajectory.

"Incoming!" He cried, hoping his friend would be able to avoid him in time. He was sure his bodysuit would absorb the impact if he hit the ground, but the same couldn't be said of Tororu's exposed body.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 17th 2014, 3:15 pm

In a flash of darkness, Tororu's two mighty blades, Akumu Tsumi, and Akumu Naraku, appeared in his hands. He slashed at the two branches cutting them with the seven foot blades. He turned just in time to see Eno flying his way and leapt out of the way letting him land beside him.

"You ok?" He asked absently. His focus was still in the forest as he set lose another fire column into the forest sweeping it around.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 18th 2014, 1:47 am

Eno's bodysuit, it proved on more than one occasion that it was quite a useful set of armor to summon. Heartless of many types would find it to be a labor to cut through with their horrid claws. Neoshadows, with their long, slender digits capable of tearing through wood could not pierce it. Morning stars with their spiked fists could barely pierce the surface. While the pressure created from the waters was indeed powerful, and though it was more than capable of tossing the test subject like a rag doll, it did little more than push him around. This is made well known by Eno quickly getting to his feet and popping his knuckles.

Taking this moment to look around, he finds that the trees brought to life by an unknown spell have been promptly cut down, and that three arrows have been lodged into on of the fallen branches. That, and the one who did the deed is currently using his magic to torch the forest, attempting to bring the creatures behind this out of hiding. Judging by the one that attacked him, and the current state of the forest, its more than likely that more than one of them are in the vicinity. Currently, the heartless suspended in the air above the lake, the one manipulating the water currently undulating, acting as a makeshift shield for its body, is what calls the test subject's attention.

"Yeah I'm just fine, Tororu. But give him," he points to the airborne armored knight while speaking, "about five minutes and he won't be." Eno finishes with a growl.

Almost as though it sensed his intent, it brings its arms out in front of itself, its open palms facing the duo. In two areas around it the water began to stir to life, the sound of rushing water starting to fill their ears. Two similar tendrils of water slither up into existence, writing around it. Suddenly the two tentacles bent the tip of one aiming to Tororu's left while the other aimed for Eno's right, intending on smashing the two together. It's in this moment Eno's confidence waivers. He looks to his partner in fear.

"Tororu, get behind the branches, now!" he cries, making a mad dash towards the other side of the grey, deadened portions of wood.

Meanwhile, both the red scarf and green scarf have made a mad dash for the brown scarf's position on the other side of the lake, crossing half the distance in the time it took Tororu to set fire to the thicket around them.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 18th 2014, 10:14 pm

Tororu fallowed him without hesitation. He trusted the man in battle. He didn't give him a reason to not to at least not yet. He still didn't know what the hell he was even fighting. He hated exerting himself when he didn't need to.

"Do you know what we are even fighting?" He asked as he kept up with Eno. His brow furrowed as he concentrated on the area around them. He didn't want to be caught off guard with one that could control plant life.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 19th 2014, 3:01 pm

Eno opens his mouth to try to answer his friend, keeping his eyes on the water covered heartless. However, the resounding force created from the two columns colliding with one another caused him to immediately shut his mouth. Portions of liquid sail over the branches, covering the two in a fresh batch of water. When the tendrils retract back into the water he manages to find time to speak up.

"We're fighting an armored knight, but its unlike any heartless I've ever seen. The ones back home are nowhere near this powerful. They rely on swords, not magic." Eno begins backing away, hoping that Tororu would mimic him. With them being so close to the lake it wouldn't take much for blue scarf to extend the water over the edge and attack them again. It seems as though the heartless in question realizes this as well.

The heartless keeps his eyes on his two targets, he lifts his arms over his head in turn. As he does the tentacles of water sink back under the surface, and a dozen orbs of water rise in their place. They float above the armored knight in various places in the air, their size being double that of the heartless itself. Eno looks over them suspiciously, unsure as to what this next spell would do to either. The heartless then aims his open palms at the duo, and the volley begins.

What seems to be a wall of needles fire rapidly like bullets fires from fully automatic from the orbs. Were the not translucent  the test subject was sure that they'd blot out any vision of the armored knight. Again, Eno would find solace in his armor, providing him with the support needed to withstand the onslaught of water.  The power behind the pressurized needles were enough to make him slide back slightly with each one that collides with him, but thankfully his protection never wanes.

Though, he had no idea if Tororu's skin was tough enough to endure this, or that he was at least fast enough to avoid damage...

Even the branches that were supposedly offering them cover, along with the nearby trees, were pierced, then eventually shredded by the rushing needles. Pieces of bark and greenery fly around the two as a torrent of shrapnel. Thick trees, mere shells of their former selves, collapse from the uneven distribution of weight. One large specimen in particular would fall causing Eno to roll to the left to avoid being crushed.

While the fight raged on, brown scarf decides that it's his time to shine. Standing with his heels touching and his feet angled away from his body he places his hands together as though in prayer and bows his head. Completing the little ritual, his armor began to let off smokey wisps of magenta smoke. The longer he held the pose the more numerous the strands of vapor came into existence, until finally the spell was completed. It started off as something seemingly benign.

Quickly though, it proved to be something sinister. The twisted grinding of metal on metal could be heard, causing the animals in the area to flee, their sensitive ears only enhancing the noise. A sickening snap assaults the ears as a single armored hand comes reaching out of the brown scarf's back, followed by a shoulder, then head. When the upper body made its way out its made grossly apparent that this was a copy of the original. As soon as the first is free from its host another three join the it on that single branch. With the spell complete the original looks over his work before flicking its wrists.

In both hands solid black orbs came into existence, small skulls could be seen painted their surface as well as fuses sticking up from the tops of each. The copies, knowing what the original is planning, flip open their chest plates, revealing that their insides are completely hollow, able to house various objects. With the fuses lit the brown scarf creates a total of twelve explosives, fitting three inside each chest. While one may think that these heartless are on a timer, the spell that created them also delays the explosion, forcing it to either go off when they're slain, or if they simply planned on taking their targets down with them.

Pointing to where the blue scarf was currently was the clones nod in confirmation, before leaping off the branch and running full speed to the fight...

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2