» Marionette
New Horizons (OPEN) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
New Horizons (OPEN) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
New Horizons (OPEN) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
New Horizons (OPEN) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
New Horizons (OPEN) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

New Horizons (OPEN)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Horizons (OPEN) Empty New Horizons (OPEN)

Post by Eno on March 29th 2014, 5:56 pm

“Hah!” With one well-placed, powerful side kick, the last remaining morning star that was once spinning towards Eno was knocked back. The fight had been even for the most part, until Eno learned to bob and weave around its strikes when it wasn’t spinning. This final attack was a desperate attempt to come out on top in this duel. Unfortunately for it, its skill didn’t work.

When its back collided with the combat chamber’s wall it was made obvious that its body has been through enough. It hits the ground landing on its stomach. Within seconds the visage of the creature begins to fade, and a single solitary heart floats out of the body.

The scientists watching from the two way window, along with Eno, gaze at the heart basking the room in a pinkish glow until it dissipates into nothingness.  With the final opponent gone the battle was finally over, at least it seems that way.
The armored test subject looks at his own shadow, paranoid that a heartless might leap out it. He was relieved to find nothing. He managed to defeat all the heartless presented to him. The only evidence remaining of their existences were the collars left behind.

Knowing that he was done, he allowed himself to drop his guard. With a sigh the green flames that created his protection burst to life, dissolving the suit. This signal prompts Noah to make his way out of the group watching, and into the chambers. A medical gown could be seen in his hands. Once the armor had disappears he helps wrap it around Eno so as to cover him.

“You did great today, Eno.” His jovial tone matches the grin he’s sporting, “How do you feel? Is the heart still giving you trouble?” Eno answers by gingerly running his fingers across chest. The sensation is enough to sting, causing him to grimace. Despite the surgery being a while ago, he was still feeling pangs of pain every so often regardless of whether he was in combat or simply sitting around.

“Yes it is, Noah. Had the fight last a few minutes longer I’m sure your or Will would have had to come in.” Despite the news, Noah maintains the same cheerful appearance.

“No worries man, you’ll get used to it.” He’d heard that particular statement in excess. It was safe to say that it was said almost daily for the last two months. But there is some truth to it. There have been some improvements, even if they’re little. He can at least take solace in that.

As he’s being lead out of the chamber, he finds that Professor Wood is chatting with the others. Each cast a glance Eno’s way as they speak. That makes it obvious that whatever it is they’re discussing involves him, and it’s made clear that they don’t want Eno to hear what’s being said. They’ve been acting like this for the last few days, and it was starting to grate on Eno’s nerves.

He didn’t like being kept in the dark like this. Those kinds of discussions would usually lead to him fighting a new type of heartless, or having the number of them increase significantly. While he enjoyed a good fight there was only so much he could handle at this point. He assumed the worst. That is, until him and Noah come close enough to make out what they’re saying. The group stops, each have their attention on him.

“Eno, how do you feel?” Karl asks. It takes quite a bit to keep Eno from sighing out of exasperation, and to keep a neutral posture. Again with the repetition, it’s maddening to hear it over and over.

“As I told Noah, I’m alright.” He starts, placing his hands on his hips, “but I know that if I kept fighting I wouldn’t be. Getting used to this thing is a pain, and I still don’t understand why you put it in me.” Karl places a comforting arm around him, as though he were a friend.

“That answer will come in time, Eno. The only thing you need to worry about is overcoming the issues that have been presented.” He looks over his colleagues before adding, “All of us believe you can do that no problem. Right everyone?” Some nod while others vocally agree.

“Well, I’m glad you guys think I can do it,” Eno looks over them, slinking away from Karl, “but there hasn’t been much of a change since we first started has there?” Karl is quick to answer.

“Yes, we have noticed that. While you were fighting we came up with what we think might be a means to speed up this process. When you’re in combat it’s always in a controlled environment correct?” You nod, prompting him to continue, “Well, we were thinking of getting rid of that control. We’ve found a location for you that we believe to be ideal for that. We figure a change of pace will help.”

While the prospect of change excites Eno, it doesn’t stop fear from welling in his chest. He was born in this place, and had never been outside it before. That alone fills the subject with uncertainty. To be thrust into an environment unknown to him, to have to fend for himself with no means of escape. Truth be told the thought caused Eno to shiver for a moment. Regardless, the thought of being allowed some freedoms outweighed the possibility of danger.

“What did you guys have in mind?” William from within the crowd is the one to answer that for him. He starts walking away from the group and towards Eno, a stack of papers in his hands. He reads off of them as he speaks.

“A world referred to as the Dwarf Woodlands by those who visit.” He flips the first paper in the stack to the back before continuing, “Woods teeming with life, large trees, and creatures of the dark like the ones you’ve been slaying. Data suggests the difference in level isn’t much.” That info does provide Eno with some relief at least.

“They’ll be slightly stronger than the subjects you’ve fought before. Nothing you can’t handle.” He sighs, turning his attention to Eno. “However, in doing this the only one who can help you is Noah if things go wrong. Sound good?”

Weighing the possibilities, it doesn’t take long for him to decide at all. He would have the means to do something outside the lab, to finally be alone, even if it’s for a limited time. To be free of the dreary white and grey that constantly assaults his vision. Anything would be worth escaping this monotony.

“It does, it really does. I’m assuming Noah’s gonna bring me there as well?” He turns to the man in question. He nods, his body beginning to glow with a purple aura. With a hand outstretched the means of bringing Eno to the woodlands comes into being. A single corridor to darkness springs to life in the lab.

Before he can take a step he can feel a collar slide around his neck. Turning to his left he finds that Karl’s the one behind it. He also sees one of the other scientists coming over with a set of clothes. A pair of  blue jeans, a red long sleeved shirt, a pair of black gloves, black boxers, socks, and of course black shoes.

“We’ll be using this collar to monitor your progress. It will provide us with your vitals along with general location so Noah has a means to find you.” With the clothes in Eno’s hands he continues, “Also these ought to keep you warm enough for however long you choose to stay. When you’re ready to leave just tap this portion of the collar here and we’ll come get you. Good luck.”

With that being said, Eno takes one final look around the familiar lab before marching forward towards a new world. What lay beyond the darkness, only one way to find out…

Last edited by Xoen on March 29th 2014, 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 15,000/15,000EXP
Level III: 19,739/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

New Horizons (OPEN) Empty Re: New Horizons (OPEN)

Post by Tororu on March 29th 2014, 6:37 pm

Tororu wondered through the tranquil forest. The foliage would brush against his skin making it crawl slightly. The wind blew through his black hair. He had heard of a lake that had a view to die for, so he thought it would be great to check it out. He pushed a wall of foliage aside and saw the marvelous lake.

It was a large lake filled crystal blue water. It was fed by a large waterfall. There were large fruit trees with fruit for the picking and game for hunting. Tororu thought that would be the perfect place to relax for a few moments.

Battle Theme: "Awake and Alive - Skillet
Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 30th 2014, 2:16 am

In no time at all Eno finds his way to the exit, and is pleasantly surprised by what he sees when he comes through. The natural rays from the radiant sun beat down upon the test subject, basking him in its warmth. This would be the first time he would see its grandeur since becoming the husk he is today. The scientists did give him vivid descriptions, along with videos so he could see it for himself. But those visualizations did little justice for the bright star in the sky.

All around him the forest was alight with life. Birds sang in near perfect harmony, chattering squirrels, mice, and other furry woodland creatures darted around him, retreating into the thicket, afraid of what this new thing was that so suddenly invaded their home. Eno treaded carefully, being watchful so as to not step on any animal unfortunate enough to run under his shoes. The sound of creaking branches filled the air as those same beasts scurried along them, causing leaves to rustle in their wake.

Unfortunately it did not matter whether he stepped quietly or not. It was obvious that the forest was made aware of his presence. Any hopes of a quiet walk would be dashed. Regardless, he would do what he could to enjoy his time here.
A sudden gust of wind would travel through the leaves, rustling them. That combines with the comfortable warmth of the air, giving Eno a sense of security unique to that of the lab. A happy sigh would leave him as he took in the wood scented air.

The regret of his decision seems to fade away bit by bit with each breath he takes. He soaked up the scene around him, seemingly intoxicated by the new sensations they bring. Even the soft crunch of leaves under his feet was a delight.
He would walk through the solitary forest path, the sound of rushing water steadily rising in volume as he moved. After passing through the thicket blocking his way he was excited to find that journey led him to an open area. A crystal clear lake came into view, and the grin he was sporting only widened. With the sun casting a brilliant display for him to see, it also raised the temperature. Without the leaves upon the trees to shade him he was forced to roll up his sleeves.

Casting a quick glance he found the source of the roaring torrent of water to be a fall. The occasional splash cascading over the rocks exposed, coupled with the sun’s rays sent brilliant little white flecks of light into the air around it, lighting up the fall itself in an breathtaking glow.

It was here, along the side of the lake, where Eno would decide to take a break. He cared little that his skin was pale and would probably burn. He would enjoy this world to its fullest before seeking out any sources of darkness. He took a seat at the water’s edge, looking around so as to burn this image into memory. Who knew when he’d get to see this place again?

Last edited by Xoen on March 30th 2014, 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on March 30th 2014, 2:23 am

Tororu looked up from the water to see a man wandering about like it was his first time out of a cave. Tororu smiled mischievously as he somehow dug himself into the sand and dug his way to the man. He would occasionally poke his head slightly above the sand and make sure he was on course. He would stealthily make his way behind the man. It seemed almost too easy.

Tororu slowly rose to his feet standing right behind the man and yelled into the man's ear. That would make anyone jump if they were focused on the scenery more than their surroundings.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 30th 2014, 2:34 am

A sudden rush of thoughts and emotions flooded assaulted Eno’s mind all at once. Because of this his body started to shiver madly in an attempt to organize and react in the best way possible. He just had someone yell in his ear while he was basking in the wonders of the woods. He had allowed himself to be caught off-guard by something and whatever it was had the obvious advantage.

So in this moment he did what his body would allow. His jaw would lock up keeping him from yelling, he would haphazardly breathe through his nose to try and keep steady breaths, then he’d clutch his chest to try and slow his rapidly beating heart. After that he’d fall over on his left side. He stared wide eyed at the lake, unmoving other than involuntary spasms.

At this moment he wondered if the thing behind him would kill him before his heart would.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on March 30th 2014, 2:38 am

Tororu burst into laughter as he fell onto his back clutching his stomach. He had no idea that such a simple prank would yield such results. Tears formed in his eyes, and he had trouble breathing. His stomach was hurting from laughing so hard.

"Hahahaha...You just...hahahaaa crumpled like a....Possum....hahaha"

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 30th 2014, 2:48 am

Hearing the man laugh behind him did wonders to resolve his fear. In its place rage burst forth from his belly like a raging inferno. Eno wanted nothing more than to get to his feet and pound the one who made him experience such embarrassment into the ground. However, his heart wouldn’t slow it’s hasty repetition. Profound pain shot through his chest with each beat, he rolled over onto his back to get more air into his lungs. He had to calm his synthetic organ down somehow, or else he might actually die here lying on the sand.

His breaths came out ragged and uneven, with each expansion of his lungs his heart would seemingly fight against it, only causing him to grunt in pain. Grinding his teeth he’d kick at the ground before rolling back onto his side.

“Y-you bastard,” He wheezed, trying desperately to get a full breath.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on March 30th 2014, 2:53 am

It still hasn't occurred to the shirtless man that something might be seriously wrong with him, but he continued to laugh. He finally started to calm down his laughing fit dying down to a series of chuckles. He whipped the tears from his eyes and sat up looking at the man giving him a playful kick to the shoulder.

"Aw man, you are a riot. I never saw anyone react like to just shouting in their ear. I don't know if something is wrong, or you just that funny."

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 30th 2014, 3:00 pm

A throaty growl leaves Eno’s lips as his heart finally starts to beat at a normal pace. The process is slow, but with the pain subsiding he’s able to sit up and look at the one whom caused him harm. This man had particularly long hair that seemed to stretch past his neck. He also seems to be suffering from Heterochromia due to having different eye colors. In fact, the yellow one seemed to have cat-like traits, it might just be another eye entirely.

He wore no shirt, showing off the definition his body has. Even the torn black leggings he wore were able to show off muscular legs. The skull buckle and real skull he had in his possession was a bit unnerving, but otherwise he didn’t seem all that threatening.

Physically this person seemed much stronger than Eno, though at this point he’s sure his anger would close that gap were he to summon his armor and swing. However, he couldn’t just outright assault this man. All he appears to be doing is playing a prank. If he wanted Eno dead he would have done it already.

“What was,” he asks taking a few deep breaths, “that for? I have a weak heart man!” While waiting on an answer Eno slowly, shakily gets to his feet.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on March 30th 2014, 4:22 pm

Tororu jumped to his feet still laughing a little bit. He patted the man's back hard in a friendly way. There was no way he could have known. It was a good thing he didn't do any of his bigger pranks then. He thought with another chuckle.

"That was just for fun though I am sorry for upsetting your condition. I should come with a warning label or something."

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 30th 2014, 5:44 pm

“Yeah, you probably should, but it’s not like I died so no harm no foul.” Eno shrugs, a small grin apparent on his face. He’s relieved to find that it truly was nothing more than a harmless prank.

Though, to find another human here comes as quite a surprise. With the name being as it was he was assuming there’d be people of a much shorter stature running around. Though so far all he’s found were the typical forest creatures and now this guy. However, he’s happy to find that he’s no longer all alone out here in this world. Finally, someone other than a person in a lab coat…

An air of silence falls between the two for a few moments before Eno brings his hand out.

“Eno,” he says simply, waiting for the one before him to introduce himself.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on March 30th 2014, 5:53 pm

"Tororu" he replied just as simply shaking the man's hand. He seemed serious now like all the playfulness was suddenly sucked away. Tororu's mood was like a feather in the wind. It was always changing at the slightest change.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 30th 2014, 7:33 pm

“Huh, interesting name you have there, Tororu,” Xoen says, pulling his hand away after a moment. “So, what brings you to this, well,” he looks around for a moment, “magnificent place.”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on March 31st 2014, 10:56 am

Tororu's smile faded a little bit looking back to the beautiful lake. He sighed laying in the grass as a nice cool breeze blew over them.

"I came here to get away from people."

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 31st 2014, 12:07 pm

“I can respect that. I came here to find an escape from the monotony that is my life.” Turn to face the lake he sighs happily, watching the reflection of the sun on the water’s surface. “Well, that’s my ulterior motive anyway. As far as the others are concerned I’m here training.” He grumbles before scratching his skin around the collar, “Wish they didn’t put this on me though. Pretty annoying.”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on March 31st 2014, 12:57 pm

Tororu looked at the collar and then at the man's face. What would he need a collar for? He certainly wasn't a person that one would normally meet randomly in the woods that was for sure.

"So if you don't mind me asking, what is with the collar? Are you a prisoner or a pet?"

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 31st 2014, 1:13 pm

“The ones who put it on me refer to me as their precious test subject. They don’t say anything like me being a pet or a prisoner. However, until today I was never allowed to leave. Apparently they think that I have the potential to become the perfect being,” As soon as he gets those words out he breaks into raucous laughter.

“Pffffft ha ha ha ha ha! I’m being serious, Tororou. They don’t want to risk losing me so they put this on my neck to monitor my movements and vitals.” He points to the collar before adding, “I’m surprised one of them didn’t show up when you scared me.”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on March 31st 2014, 1:18 pm

Tororu couldn't help but burst into laughter with Eno. He slapped his knee and managed to calm himself with a few deep breaths. He looked at the collar and smiled snapping his fingers and a stick got up and started tap dancing.

"I could get that off of you. It would be a snap for a Alpha-Stigma like me to do."

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 31st 2014, 1:27 pm

“Alpha-Stigma? You know I’ve never heard of such a thing,” Eno says, turning to him. “As far as the collar is concerned I appreciate it. But I have no intention of removing it. I intend on returning back to their lab and I need this thing intact.” He scratches the back of his head grumbling.

Admittedly at this very moment, nothing would make him happier. However, he didn’t want Noah to come in and spoil his fun. That and he didn’t want to imagine the consequences of going against that group of people. While he has yet to do anything to displease them, he’d rather not soil his perfect record.

“Besides, as soon as you remove it one of their associates will come running. I’d rather not have that happen you know? I’m enjoying the freedom they’re giving me.” And with that he takes a seat on the sand yet again, watching Tororu perform his little tap dance with a raised brow.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 1st 2014, 10:49 am

(OOC: Ignore the Alpha-Stigma thing I am running with a different idea)

Tororu shrugged and watched the stick dance off into the forest. The magic making the stick move should ware off sooner or later...maybe. He shrugged again. it wasn't his problem. He returned his attention to Eno.

"So what do you feel like doing? I am sure that you want to do more than sit here looking at a lake. There is much more to see in a world.'

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 1st 2014, 8:14 pm

“Well, the main reason why I’m here is for combat training.” He crosses his arms then closes his eyes. With his brow furrowed one could say he seemed to be concentrating, “One of the professors told me there were a few heartless on this world, stronger than the ones back home.” He opens his eyes and focuses them on Tororu. Eno stares with such intensity, as though a fire was ignited behind his gaze.

“I’m here to eliminate as many heartless as I can. If or when the tasks becomes too much to handle I’ll be leaving.” Despite his serious demeanor, he manages to crack a confident grin, “However, a little site seeing never hurt anyone. I’d like to see a few wonders of this world, something to engrave in my memory before I have to go back to that tiny laboratory.”

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 1st 2014, 10:53 pm

Tororu stood up and offered him a hand. He didn't know about any laboratory, but he knew what it was like to want to stop and smell the roses. He was glad to show the man a few of his favorite places around the woodlands.

"Well lets go for a swim. I am sure that the cool water will do wonders for your heart, also there may be some interesting fish in there."

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 2nd 2014, 12:29 am

“Swimming,” Eno repeated Tororus’ suggestion as his smile dropped from his face. His voice held no disdain at the thought of diving into the cold blue waters. In all honesty it might help with his condition. If anything it would at least soothe his aching heart.  But, there was a problem that presented itself. No matter how hard he’d rake his mind for memories, he couldn’t recall a single point where he swam.

However, as he tried to picture the world within that still lake, new sensations arose. He turned his gaze down to his hands and curled them. He could feel the resistance of the water parting between his fingertips, and the way it’d push against him when he’d dive, then kick beneath the surface. The burning sensations of his lungs screaming for air would be next. Following that of course would be the relief of air as he came back up to take a deep breath.

It was everything associated with swimming that much he knew. Because his body could help trigger those feelings believed he could swim. Nonetheless no matter how many times he tried to remember events before the lab, he couldn’t. Everything before that moment of him waking up on the table was a mixture of bleak nothingness and blurred, unfamiliar faces. Regardless of that, he couldn’t deny what he felt, nor would he dismiss the urge welling within him.

Turning his attention back to Tororu he grabbed hold of his hand, letting him pull the test subject to his feet. He flashed the man a wide grin.

“You know what, that sounds like a fun idea.” Once the words left his lips he started removing the gloves, shoes, and socks. He wouldn’t care about getting everything else wet. They’d dry out in the sun in no time at all. That and he’d definitely need his glasses to see. Without them he’d be blind.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Tororu on April 3rd 2014, 3:25 pm

Tororu smiled and leapt to his feet motioning for him to fallow. He ran to a tall rock and easily climbed it looking down at Eno. He tossed his boots to the sand and dove into the lake. His body cut through the water moving quickly down. The water was cold enough to be refreshing not uncomfortable.

Tororu
Tororu

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on April 4th 2014, 12:36 am

“Eh, while that seems fun,” Eno murmurs, “I think I’ll just go in the old fashioned way.” Placing his shoes, socks, and gloves on the beach he slowly wades into the water, giving his body time to adjust to the cool, comfortable waters. Small waves ripple along the surface as he moves further in. it isn’t long until he’s up to his neck, taking in a huge lungful of air, and diving underneath the surface.

Speed of Light

Eno Vale
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next