» Marionette
Resignation and Hiatus EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Resignation and Hiatus EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Resignation and Hiatus EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Resignation and Hiatus EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Resignation and Hiatus EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Resignation and Hiatus

Go down

Resignation and Hiatus Empty Resignation and Hiatus

Post by Occam on March 20th 2014, 2:15 pm

For now I am going to take a hiatus from the site to focus on school. Ironically, I can handle video games and school but I literally have sat for hours when nothing happened on site. That really is a less productive waste of time than video games (don't take it the wrong way, but I -could- be doing things to further my future). Also, I can control my playing of video games more. Here. Here I am addicted. What follows is my staff resignation.

I was useless. I was inactive. So why keep me? Note, this isn't a permanent leave from the site and when things calm down IRL I will be back. But for now, I relinquish Anling to Amelia and Zeikke will remain on hiatus because he is my favorite. Presume Drakar dead, for those are my wishes. I'd like him put to rest and anyone who wants to can write his end, if they are serious and actually put effort into a -meaningful- death. Shinzo is going on Hiatus too. Anling can be used by Amelia to keep their story going. It was no easy decision but...I know that some people understand when this needs to happen. I might just go back on this and come back as a member not long from now or I might be gone for over a month, maybe more.

I have enjoyed my time here, I have had many memorable topics and I'd like to personally thank those whom have helped bring my characters where they are now. Cool and Kenos for being Drakar's closest friends. Cool/Amelia has especially collaborated to create many things. Mohon for bringing life to an arc which may be stupid but unlike most, it's an arc that makes itself important and would have been open to expanding past a niche. Our former Tristesse/Terradagger kick-started Zeikke with me and I have to thank Trinity for at least keeping life in him, although I haven't done much. These aren't the only people I have to thank as anyone I've RPed with has probably had an impact. The others whom I've rped with along with me may not be good but I can tell when we did what was important - enjoyed it. One person I have to thank tremendously besides Cool is Mana. When he played Shirou, his character was very important to Drakar as both IC and OOC I as the character and person respectively looked up to him. He had done something no other has done, because it is scarce for a character to have significant relationships outside of dating or once-in-a-while friends or even the bromances people normally have. No, Shirou was an ass and that's what was needed.

Now I'm getting all sappy because I have a hard time returning to places I've left because it's like abandoning family. When you get a teenager with a lack of real social abilities and he finds a place like this, there is an obvious build up of bonds. Yeah, I care about this site too much. It may not be healthy or it might not matter, I'm not saying it is a good thing the way I take everyone into consideration as if I were with the real them and we had work or school together, that kind of thing. I've been here for a year and a few months...not a long run at all. But that's why I'd -like- to return at some point. Continue my run, because man that time has been LONG. We've had arguments, departures, we've had terrible times. But this place was still my haven. And even when my Omega-attitude (DXHR ftw) always makes me feel like even here I'm not wanted, outcast, the "ugh *sob* nobody likes me" attitude, I know that's me being a bitch and being annoying. Even if not all of you care, I will still miss everyone, even those whom I knew were potential people to create a story with.

Back to top Go down

Resignation and Hiatus Empty Re: Resignation and Hiatus

Post by Yima on March 20th 2014, 2:21 pm

We will look forward to your return should you desire to in the future. I'll tell Terra if I can for you and your opinion was appreciated at the very least silly.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Charity on March 20th 2014, 2:22 pm

*sheds a tear*

You will be missed greatly.

If you find the time (or ambition) I'm always up for chatting on Skype, kay?

I wish you well in whatever life has set up for you. NEVER SURRENDER!

In this universe, there is still much to be understood. There is still much to be found, explored, challenged and overcome. There are still secrets and stories and events that hide themselves in the shadows of history. But there is without a doubt some things better left unknown, left unsaid, and left forgotten.

Charity/Trinity
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 10,046/15,000EXP
Level III: 0/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP
Charity
Charity

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on March 20th 2014, 3:01 pm

It's natural, don't feel like you're abandoning a family. Just because you move out of your home doesn't mean you're abandoning a family, it means you're moving on. Even now, you say you're not completely moving on. You're just on a break.

What's wrong with vacation? Nothing. Don't be so hard on yourself and take all the time you need man. Smothering yourself isn't good for you, so this is needed.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on March 20th 2014, 6:02 pm

be well rest and come back whever you like lol there is no deadline for how long a break must be.

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Pōn on March 25th 2014, 1:54 pm

Can't believe I didn't see this earlier. At least I knew about it from Steam, thanks for informing me about it btw.

It's sad to see you go Drakar but it's your choice. We've had a lot of good times on this site and I hope they will continue one day on this site; though until then I'll still be happy to game and converse with you. I'll miss you and so will the rest of the site Drakar. Like Etzolix said though, you aren't abandoning us so don't be so hard on yourself. Nothing can spilt the bonds of good friends, regardless of where they meet or whom they are.

Also, I accept Anling per Drakar's relinquishment and will assume control of him to the best of my capability. Assuming that I can integrate him into my slots temporarily due to the permission given or that I can use him with him still technically belonging to Drakar's own capacity of characters, I request that the admins PM me the password to Anling's account.

[23:23:32] Dr. Wattson : GUYS THE PLANET IS GETTING HOT
[23:23:36] Dr. Wattson : "it's called summer retard"
[23:23:41] Dr. Wattson : NO FUCKFACE
[23:23:43] Dr. Wattson : LIKE FUCK YOU
[23:23:46] Dr. Wattson : WE WOULDNT MAKE THIS UP
[23:23:52] Dr. Wattson : YOU THINK THIS IS HTE BEST THING WE CUOLD MAKE UP TO SCARE YOU?
[23:23:56] Dr. Wattson : WE COULD JUST CREATE A NEW AIDS FUCK YOU
[23:23:58] Dr. Wattson : WE'RE SCIENTISTS
[23:24:07] Dr. Wattson : (how i imagine the conversation of global warming came up)
[23:24:12] Dr. Wattson : went***
Pōn
Pōn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum