Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
suck on my magnum dongOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pmGemini
It's my birthday.October 4th 2018, 8:20 pmGemini
EWSeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 amGemini
Statistics
We have 3557 registered usersThe newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of DucknessOur users have posted a total of 143985 messagesin 12543 subjects

Go down
Azmot

Important Suggestion - Site Evolution

on March 15th 2014, 3:26 am
So, we are undergoing many changes on this site. It is currently in a state of it's largest, and most vital evolution yet. The suggestion I'm making is going to be a determining factor in the site's growth in members we will require to increase our quantity and quality of our members.

In short, my suggestion is a widening of our allowed fandoms.

I don't want to change the fundamental material of our site, and the same basic principals of what is allowed and what is not. We have too many worlds now, in the manner it is designed. Before we attempt to add more, we should streamline the worlds in smaller sections.

I believe that adding worlds from series such as Final Fantasy, Once Upon a Time, and other fantasy based fandoms could increase the variety of our members and the material of our character plots. I wouldn't like to see things such as Naruto or Bleach - they seem to unlike our universe. But I like the idea of StarWars and other Disney liscenses, perhaps even the likes of Spider-Man or other Superheros don't necessarily stick out on this universe.

It would also add available NPC's to be rented, which I already know what I would rent for a Few plots.

Perhaps the Grimm Brothers tales could be compiled into a single world? With the big bad wolf and hansel & gretel, etc.

What do you think?
Etzolix

Re: Important Suggestion - Site Evolution

on March 15th 2014, 6:16 am
If we add too much, it stops being a Kingdom Hearts site. Some people might want that, some might not, then again, are we really a Kingdom Hearts site now?

Personally? I don't care. It'll just be more shows/games I likely have little to no experience with.

The only potential issues would be comparing our characters to canon. The powers and whatnot might need to be restricted in other ways than what we already have, but....eh.

I just woke up, I'll probably need more time to think about this. I just wanted to get the ball rolling on people posting their opinions.
Onyx

on March 15th 2014, 11:27 am
I'm confused but that doesn't take much soooo

What?

on March 15th 2014, 11:35 am
Confused on his suggestion or my response?
Pōn

on March 15th 2014, 11:54 am
I don't think we should do that.

This is a Kingdom Hearts roleplaying site as Etzolix mentioned. We shouldn't throw in a bunch of random shows, video games, anime, movies, and etcetera that "fit in with the universe" just because we enjoy stated forms of media. I can understand Disney and Square Enix licenses such as Final Fantasy or The Princess and the Frog but introducing things that have no relation to them like Grimm Tales or Once Upon a Time isn't something we should do. If people want a crossover site they should just sign up for a crossover site.

Also to note is that we have to draw the line somewhere as you mentioned. People jumping into the TV World to fight Shadows with their persona or hanging out with Mio from Nichijou to draw manga would just be flat-out absurd. In the same sense we should also avoid things such as Once Upon a Time because while it might be more similar to our universe it could contain large amounts of contradictory elements. For example, I believe I remember fans of the series mentioning things like Alice in Wonderland and Snow White; which isn't surprising since it uses classic fairy tales as the base and inspiration for the episodes of the show. These have the potential to clash with the KH canon though considering the differences that are obviously going to come up with having Alice be both the Alice from Kingdom Hearts and the one from Once Upon a Time. Even if we introduced them as different worlds with different versions of the characters it'd still feel strange to suddenly have people renting canons that know about a world that they can travel to at anytime and meet their counterparts. Snow White in the KH universe shouldn't know about the Once Upon a Time version of her. It's just silly.

In a similar sense we also shouldn't introduce a Wreck-it-Ralph world if we do this since people could use it as an excuse to journey into areas containing video games that we wouldn't introduce as separate worlds. A user could enter Green Hill Zone if they so pleased in this scenario not only because Sonic was a cameo but also because last I checked the Wreck-it-Ralph world would allow users to jump into different games as Ralph had done in the movie.

Introducing these worlds seems like a complex thing to do overall and while I'd be find with most licenses of Square Enix or Disney even though we wouldn't use them we shouldn't introduce other worlds outside of said licenses like Grimm Tales.

[23:23:32] Dr. Wattson : GUYS THE PLANET IS GETTING HOT
[23:23:36] Dr. Wattson : "it's called summer retard"
[23:23:41] Dr. Wattson : NO FUCKFACE
[23:23:43] Dr. Wattson : LIKE FUCK YOU
[23:23:46] Dr. Wattson : WE WOULDNT MAKE THIS UP
[23:23:52] Dr. Wattson : YOU THINK THIS IS HTE BEST THING WE CUOLD MAKE UP TO SCARE YOU?
[23:23:56] Dr. Wattson : WE COULD JUST CREATE A NEW AIDS FUCK YOU
[23:23:58] Dr. Wattson : WE'RE SCIENTISTS
[23:24:07] Dr. Wattson : (how i imagine the conversation of global warming came up)
[23:24:12] Dr. Wattson : went***
Charity

on March 15th 2014, 12:58 pm
I agree with Amelia in the fact that we should stick to things that pertain to Disney and Square Enix licensing. To do much outside of those, to me, seems like it'd create far to many worlds for this site as we already have quite a few as it is.

However, on a different note, I would much like to explore other worlds outside of the Kingdom Hearts series like Spira (FF-X), and Midgar (FF-VII). These places would add so much opportunity to our characters' growth and where were can rp.

I do realize the line has to be drawn somewhere, but my question is where? How many worlds can we add before it becomes too many. Perhaps we can have a poll or something to figure out what worlds we want to add, or lack thereof, and how many. This is merely a suggestion, though, so if you disagree, don't be afraid to smack me down a notch. :P

In this universe, there is still much to be understood. There is still much to be found, explored, challenged and overcome. There are still secrets and stories and events that hide themselves in the shadows of history. But there is without a doubt some things better left unknown, left unsaid, and left forgotten.

Charity/Trinity
Level I: 0/0EXP
Level II: 10,046/15,000EXP
Level III: 0/40,000EXP
Level IV: 0/75,000EXP
Level V: 0/120,000EXP
Onyx

on March 15th 2014, 2:21 pm
Etzolix wrote:Confused on his suggestion or my response?

Apologies when I woke up and responded to this I thought you created this topic and only saw your response which I thought was the opening just read all of it and I guess I'll wait to see more people's opinions on this

on March 15th 2014, 3:27 pm
I understand this is a "Kingdom Hearts Site", however, I think that is exactly the point for adding more material to the site. The main reason fans enjoy Kingdom Hearts so much is not the marvelous gameplay, but the story - the story that makes connections across different, usually unconnected Universes. I don't believe that any of the series I suggested would be out of place in this universe - normally, I wouldn't like to see real-world characters but 'Pirates of the Caribbean' quelled that ailment.

As for the OUAT specific as having two different snow whites, etc, it would be an Alternate Universe thing for Canon that we already have established. But I can see if this world is too out of place for Kingdom Hearts, I suppose.

The thing is, that this is a Kingdom Hearts site, but because we are in our own Canon after the events of KH II, there is no reason we must stick to the worlds they produce, or even have them. We don't need all of these new worlds, to be honest. So lets replace them with worlds from other universes that can actually be used in character development, that have something special about them or something unique that makes characters want to RP there. Because currently, we have about 6 good worlds and the rest are just rock and dirt with one or two things that are specific to the world.

I just want to increase content, because at the moment, it's shit for how many worlds we have.
Terami

on March 15th 2014, 4:03 pm
If we are worried about what a world has compared to what other worlds do, then the solution seems to be developing that particular world further. Lets face it, even if we have a rule to not break the lore, we break it virtually every time we rp in an area, or have something plot driving like the current invasion of Port Royal.

Instead of adding more worlds and just forgetting about the worlds that are cannon to the series, we should expand alone them further. That's really what this site is about. Fan made expansions of the game we know and love. One big fan-fic so to speak. So if there isn't anything in a world that is appealing, make something appealing in that world.

This brought up another things I wanted to bring up about keeping to lore that I will bring up in another suggestion.
Ace Kageki

on March 15th 2014, 6:15 pm
I think Azmots right. We should expand and see where te future takes us. I myself would enjoy a Star Wars world straight off. Disney owns Star Wars so why not? Also this is just me so yeah. I'd also enjoy other worlds such as a Wreck-It-Ralph included case I think that would be sooooooooooo badass. And Ince upon a time is fucking great I'd be up for that two. In fact I'm up for new material all together tbh.

on March 15th 2014, 7:12 pm
The only problem with Star Wars, is that not everything is contained in one place like Disney films are. (Yes I am not saying its a Disney film until I judge 7) How would we go about it? Would we make the entire galaxy that Star Wars takes place in in one world or an expanded Galaxy?

I don't think Once Apon a Time is such a good idea for the reason stated before, that we already have our own Snow White, and others. I think adding alternate versions would just start to get too confusing.

Wreck-it-Ralph is still up in the air for me. yes I would like it just as a fan of the movie and as a gamer guy, but also as stated it opens the door for things that wouldn't be in a Kingdom Hearts environment.

I think we should just keep in mind that just because Disney owns something, or is considering making something, doesn't mean that we should incorporate it. I am not saying some things wouldn't work, but we just need to be careful and consider how exactly we incorporate it into the site and how things will work.
Azmot

on March 16th 2014, 3:26 pm
We have Deep Space but not the rest of the Lilo and Stitch Galaxy, Terami, proving that if we took something from Star Wars we can justify a single world.

The Alternate-Confusion defense is weak in my opinion, but if people want to keep things simple, its not an important issue.

The entire Arcade could simply be Sugar Rush, the Bug World, and Ralph's world, plain and simple. I doubt the others would be interesting. That is just for that specific world though, and therefore not an important issue.

I'm not just talking about those three or four examples. Please, someone, suggest worlds. I am talking about finally taking that step and establishing that our canon, over YEARS of IC progression (like, 7), is finally fundamentally different than the original. We could collectively create a team who makes our own, site-created world that is unique, fair, and fun.

But if we stick to what KH gives us, then we will never get the growth in member-base we deserve and desire.

Ultimately, we need to do a couple things.

1. Make the RP Sections smaller in some fashion, so we don't have to scroll forever to get to the desired world.

2. (Optional) Clean out some of the generic, unused worlds.

3. (Optional) Create a world(s) with a team of staff and members that would be interesting to RP on.

4. Officially expand our Canon into something that A) Establishes us as different and unique from solely KH, and B) expands our fanbase. I would suggest something with growing popularity that lacks medium - I suggested OUAT because there are only 2 RP sites I could find with any memberbase beyond 3-4 friends, and they are dying out quickly because lack of sustainability alone. Another suggestion I urge, moreso than the last, is StarWars. It is very popular, yet there aren't a lot of sites over that subject, because alone, it is not diverse enough to maintain. In my research, at least.

Please, I am very open to suggestion. I am honestly surprised at the backlash this is receiving - I would think our members would jump at new possible character ideas and worlds to RP in.
Etzolix

on March 16th 2014, 4:01 pm
We can easily make the site smaller and easier to scroll through. It takes a few clicks of a button to reduce the forums into categories.

Personally, I'm still indifferent.

We've justified other, lore-breaking, abilities and decisions. For example, Yima and Lenneth being beyond this universe and needing avatars to interact with us? That's completely off-canon and doesn't even make sense with the context of the original game. We also have things limited based on trusting members, or the lack thereof, opposed to letting lore set our limitations. So, justification is the least of our worries.

But, I can also understand people not wanting to stray too far from the in game canon, considering there are already issues, and complaints, against the user created content due to lack of documentation.

If we've already established the multiverse, we can establish an explanation of why two different iterations of characters can exist within the same universe. Actually, using Azmot as an example, we already have.
Pōn

on March 16th 2014, 4:08 pm
We should just merge the entire Sea of the Skies section into one giant one called OTHER since nobody uses the individual worlds anyways. It'd cover all KH worlds not listed as an individual world and members could just list what world they were playing in during the title.

Also, we should avoid just having a ton of crossovers and random worlds pop out of nowhere. If people want a bit more variety then I can understand it. However we shouldn't introduce so many new worlds that the focus is shifted completely to them and leaves the KH worlds as side features. While we might want to establish ourselves as something different from KH we shouldn't lose sight of our origins and identity for the sake of attracting more fandoms, having more worlds to explore, and having more canons to rent.

And for that matter, do we even need to establish ourselves as something different from KH or have we already done so? We have giant mutant bugs running around, false messiahs with families whom he reduces entire worlds to ruins with, heartless reproducing and impregnating one another, avatars of godlike beings who can travel freely across the multiverse in the form of said avatars, cookie-baking beings of immense power represented by a bird covered in gasoline, and etcetera. I think we've already proving ourselves different from the series by far and as a result this isn't a matter of making us more than just the series but instead introducing more variety into the roleplaying sections.

Finally, we should focus on original worlds and worlds relating to licenses of the makers of Kingdom Hearts instead of stuff like Once Upon a Time should this get implemented.

[23:23:32] Dr. Wattson : GUYS THE PLANET IS GETTING HOT
[23:23:36] Dr. Wattson : "it's called summer retard"
[23:23:41] Dr. Wattson : NO FUCKFACE
[23:23:43] Dr. Wattson : LIKE FUCK YOU
[23:23:46] Dr. Wattson : WE WOULDNT MAKE THIS UP
[23:23:52] Dr. Wattson : YOU THINK THIS IS HTE BEST THING WE CUOLD MAKE UP TO SCARE YOU?
[23:23:56] Dr. Wattson : WE COULD JUST CREATE A NEW AIDS FUCK YOU
[23:23:58] Dr. Wattson : WE'RE SCIENTISTS
[23:24:07] Dr. Wattson : (how i imagine the conversation of global warming came up)
[23:24:12] Dr. Wattson : went***
Terami

on March 16th 2014, 4:50 pm
Again the problem I would see with something like star wars is that there is no way to represent all that different people like about the series as a whole into one world. Now that Disney has bought the whole thing I am not just talking about the movies, but the tones of books and games that go along with them. I like the idea of it, but the problem is how we are going to implement the idea. It can be done, but we would have to figure out what part we want to implement.

Now that you have explained your idea about the Arcade then yes that would be fine. again its not that these aren't good ideas its just that we need to implement them smartly rather then just throw them in in and see what happens.
Wisdom

on March 16th 2014, 5:08 pm
My opinion?

If you want to increase the amount of worlds, that's fine.

If you want to add franchises that Square Enix plans to add on, for franchises that are a "must have" for Kingdom Hearts (such as Frozen), that's fine too.

But you should be careful about what you add on. Put in the Brothers' Grimm stories and what not, it's no longer Kingdom Hearts. Remember that the story takes place ON the Disney worlds, but in the end, they're not very important compared to the issues of Heartless, Nobodies, other plots.

This is your own canon story, though. Make whatever the hell you please.

Theme: Archangel
Mana

on March 17th 2014, 11:23 pm
Only read the first post, but if we were to add new content (such as worlds), they would be places that are part of the Disney and Square Enix franchise only. At least, in my opinion.

on March 17th 2014, 11:23 pm
agreed ^ pushing outside that is just crossovers for the sake of it lol
Azmot

on March 18th 2014, 12:10 am
Yeah, for the sake of it. The reason for wanting to expand beyond Square and Disney is for personal pleasure and the audience we could possibly get from it. Drawing in more members & having a variety of characters. Plus it kind of fits the theme of KH tbh but that's not really my reason.
Yima

on March 18th 2014, 1:21 am
There are websites that deal in multitudes of fantasy and internally created fantasy so the suggestion would really fall along the lines of converting further into general fiction.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Ace Kageki

on April 9th 2016, 7:50 pm
Bumping this since I find it interesting to reevaluate before we do world polls

on April 10th 2016, 10:54 am
I believe I would side with the end consensus here in that if we add more from fiction such as star wars in which scale is a huge concern as well as what is included and not we end up doing crossovers for the sake of wider distribution which will dilute the soup. There are worlds that have not seen heavy use that can be given back to the realm of sleep through ic dealings as is. Those are my two cents at the moment; I'm interested to see what you all think about it.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum