» Marionette
Spring before us (Tournament style)  EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Spring before us (Tournament style)  EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Spring before us (Tournament style)  EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Spring before us (Tournament style)  EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Spring before us (Tournament style)  EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Spring before us (Tournament style)

Go down

Spring before us (Tournament style)  Empty Spring before us (Tournament style)

Post by Lenneth on March 7th 2014, 2:08 am

Hey guys hows it going?? ^_^ as you may know we're close to the next session of the year (Thank god >.>)

And that means that next quarter rounds of the year's tournament are coming close ^_^  

*please be reminded that if you feel as though you can't keep up posting or are too busy coming up that you refrain from overly committing yourself to joining. The longer a person has to wait on someone the higher chance something will happen to slow the other person as well or they get bored. We want this as a fun social event for those that do want to explore rping with other people but may be just a tad shy*

Now the winter one had some of its own issues yes, it was a good basic one to really test out the waters of the site. Now since this is the second one we will be adding some additions to it that will make them more interesting as well as not so cut and bald. An example would be Terrain changes or randomized hazards introduced into mid fights etc.

We're brain storming and wanted to change some of the format of the style of tourny this time around so we wanted to know so of your ideas and what you guys want. Here are some examples of styles we thought of.

Singe elimination- Basically this is the style we choose for the winter tournament it means you fight a random foe and the winner moves on while the loser doesn't. Its pretty basic and really is more of a skill and chance game as well, its probably the fastest way to start and end a tournament to.

2v2- Now this was is interesting, essentially they way we see it this could be done with two options. First a person would be allowed to play a 2 man team with just their own characters or with another user, one character from each of them. It'd only be one user per entry meaning you couldn't have your own team and pair up with a user, the reason would be to reduce the chances you'd fight yourself and give everyone else a fair chance to win. Also since we don't have that many people to all do one character, one user type deal.

Round robin- This would be one of the longer styles this would basically isolated battles, letting everyone fight everyone at least one. Each person would fight another to gain points, a win would earn a person 10 points while a lose would earn you 0 points, a draw would earn you 5 points to both sides. Essentially this would mean everyone has every chance in the book to  make a comeback from any point of their history.  The winner of this tournament would have the most points.

Battle royal- This would be one massive battle, everyone can fight anyone that want at the same time, you can gang up on a high priority target or hide till everyone else is drained or do whatever you want to make sure you don't get caught out. It be very chaotic with strategies and so many people posting at once. After a certain point like if half the fighters are out then their could be a break for the remaining to rest then right back into the fight.  

Alright so what would you guys want to do this coming spring? Do u like these styles? do you wanna mix and match? or what ideas do you guys wanna share to help shape this site event? More styles? randomized events? themes?

Commit below- you'll get a cookie ^_^

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Spring before us (Tournament style)  Empty Re: Spring before us (Tournament style)

Post by Ace Kageki on March 7th 2014, 6:34 am

Even though I'm sure I won't be able to enter I vote Round Robin. 2v2 is interesting as well. Battle Royals are really hard to keep up with so idk about that one, single elongation worked good forte winter tourney so that would alright as well. I also like the idea if a gladiator style run with terrain, an you guys could throw monsters in there and stuff idk just spouting stuff now.

I vote Round Robin.
Ace Kageki
Ace Kageki

Back to top Go down

Spring before us (Tournament style)  Empty Re: Spring before us (Tournament style)

Post by Etzolix on March 7th 2014, 9:05 am

Round Robin.

Although, we could also mix Round Robin and a 2 v 2, so you could have an even amount of people join, have them all be different, and then yeah.

I mean, the issue with a classic 2 v 2 is with 8 people, there are 2 rounds, which is slow and possibly not enough.

A round robin would fix that, then again, judging by people's activities, we likely won't have a very active tournament anyway. But, that's a site issue, not one inherent with the stylistic choices of a tournament.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on March 7th 2014, 11:54 am

I like battle royal. x3

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on March 7th 2014, 1:56 pm

That'd be way too hectic and difficult to manage.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nex on March 7th 2014, 2:54 pm

I like the idea of a 2v2. It encourages teamwork and adapting to the strengths & weaknesses of both your allies and your enemies so you now how to best use your abilities to work with your partner to bring down the opponents. I think it'd overall be more interesting to see teams working together instead of just an individual fighting alone.
Nex
Nex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius on March 7th 2014, 4:45 pm

2V2, + Robin if possible.

Alternate Appearance

Sirius Appearance

The Hive-Amaran Beastiary
Sirius
Sirius

Back to top Go down

Post by Eno on March 7th 2014, 5:56 pm

I'd go with the 2v2, I love the thought of two individuals working together to take out another team. But with any tournament it'll require both members to be there. Sadly if something unexpected comes up for one of the two then that team may be forced to drop out. Not exactly fair to fight in a 2v1. Also, you have to place a lot of trust in whoever you partner up with. Things like "Is the user you're partnering with on the site frequently? How often do they post?" comes to mind when referring to that.
Eno
Eno

Back to top Go down

Post by Nex on March 7th 2014, 6:39 pm

Xoen wrote:I'd go with the 2v2, I love the thought of two individuals working together to take out another team. But with any tournament it'll require both members to be there. Sadly if something unexpected comes up for one of the two then that team may be forced to drop out. Not exactly fair to fight in a 2v1. Also, you have to place a lot of trust in whoever you partner up with. Things like "Is the user you're partnering with on the site frequently? How often do they post?" comes to mind when referring to that.

I assume that the staff would take action in that case and pair them up with an NPC. I once fought in a tourney as Cool and since there weren't any combatants in my division I ended up fighting against the good old Count Tael. If they can put a person in a tournament up against an NPC I presume that they can pair them up with an NPC.

Besides, if you have extras I believe the staff would allow you to sign one up and use them as a substitute in that case despite signups having passed by that point.
Nex
Nex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on March 27th 2014, 7:11 am

When is this happening?

Like what's the date? :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on March 27th 2014, 2:41 pm

I should have it posted up by monday

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Kageki on March 27th 2014, 4:03 pm

Alright sweet my spring break starts tomarrow afternoon so I was just wondering in case it was discussed and I missed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down