» Marionette
A Flawed System EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
A Flawed System EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
A Flawed System EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
A Flawed System EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
A Flawed System EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

A Flawed System

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Flawed System Empty A Flawed System

Post by WR-105 on February 13th 2014, 3:44 pm

No system is perfect, but what tweaks do you think this site needs to in order to make everything run a bit smoother?
WR-105

Back to top Go down

A Flawed System Empty Re: A Flawed System

Post by Onyx on February 13th 2014, 3:57 pm

Free mu

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 13th 2014, 3:58 pm

Can we not turn this into a joke topic?
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail on February 13th 2014, 5:53 pm

More villains and more active staff members.

[18:04:15] * Ander sits down

[18:04:40] Ander : When Yima gets mad you sit ._.

[18:04:49] Ander : Like for real
Abigail
Abigail

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuro on February 13th 2014, 5:59 pm

Elaborate please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail on February 13th 2014, 6:01 pm

I don't think I need too. It's self-explanatory.

[18:04:15] * Ander sits down

[18:04:40] Ander : When Yima gets mad you sit ._.

[18:04:49] Ander : Like for real
Abigail
Abigail

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on February 13th 2014, 6:06 pm

Alright then, we'll take this as this is

More villains: That would be on members if they wanta become villains nothing's stopping anyone from throwing their hat in the mix

More active staff: All three admins have college courses or heavy amount of work and usually when something happens once of us is on here to be ontop of it.

Even then usually there is at least one mod online

What exactly do you want from the more active staff is rather the better question

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail on February 13th 2014, 6:16 pm

Well, I didn't know the admins were taking college courses and were busy my bad. x:

And for the villains, their is only one on the site and I would like to see other members get involved but eh, that's just me..
Abigail
Abigail

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 13th 2014, 6:19 pm

We should have more defined limits on power. We compare to canon vaguely, yet being stitch level strength isn't allowed. We need clarification, but not number defining.

I would like players, to some degree, to be balanced. It's as if almost everyone has high magic and unlimited stamina on top of their other strengths. I can understand being slightly more positive in your affinities, but having a master of all trades is pathetic.

I still think Rent-A-Canon is the best use of canons on site and could provide a much richer environment.

We should follow through with the NPC suggestion of mine, with obvious work put into it. It'd make the site seem more interactive.

I don't think we should have forbidden abilities as long as we stay within the lore's boundaries, but there should be a stigma on abuse. There still isn't one with the current abilities we're allowed to have anyway.

Uh, that's all off top. Just the same things I normally spout.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 13th 2014, 6:20 pm

For villains, other members actually have to do things and try. It'd be great to have other villains, but a lot of the time when people try they aren't taken seriously. I still don't know why.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on February 13th 2014, 6:27 pm

Abigail wrote:Well, I didn't know the admins were taking college courses and were busy my bad. x:

And for the villains, their is only one on the site and I would like to see other members get involved but eh, that's just me..

Yes we are

Also their isn't feisu is also a villain

Terami wants to be a villain however he wishes to be a good one and not a single minded one like myself. It's up to other members I wouldn't care ic and or ooc if others showed up it as milo said there simply not taken seriously for whatever the reason may be blame the community there

Back to top Go down

Post by Abigail on February 13th 2014, 6:29 pm

Onyx wrote:milo said there simply not taken seriously for whatever the reason may be blame the community there

I'm sorry, what?
Abigail
Abigail

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on February 13th 2014, 6:38 pm

Milo wrote:We should have more defined limits on power. We compare to canon vaguely, yet being stitch level strength isn't allowed. We need clarification, but not number defining.

I would like players, to some degree, to be balanced. It's as if almost everyone has high magic and unlimited stamina on top of their other strengths. I can understand being slightly more positive in your affinities, but having a master of all trades is pathetic.

I still think Rent-A-Canon is the best use of canons on site and could provide a much richer environment.

We should follow through with the NPC suggestion of mine, with obvious work put into it. It'd make the site seem more interactive.

I don't think we should have forbidden abilities as long as we stay within the lore's boundaries, but there should be a stigma on abuse. There still isn't one with the current abilities we're allowed to have anyway.

Uh, that's all off top. Just the same things I normally spout.

I speak for myself not Staff obviously enough

I feel as though the first option would be telling the site what they do the reason this was done so they could have more creative freedom.

Once more on the player themselves if they wanta do that they do that sad but what it's they'll do

Up to everyone.

I forget what this was

The forbidden abilities should definitely and absolutely stay they already proved they couldn't be handled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on February 13th 2014, 6:39 pm

Abigail wrote:
Onyx wrote:Its like Milo said there simply not taken seriously for whatever the reason may be, blame the community there

I'm sorry, what?

The villains and the need for more.

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 13th 2014, 6:41 pm

Yes, people do need to know what the limit is. What you're saying is that someone can destroy a world with one punch. Wait, they can't? You aren't giving me my freedom then.

What I'm suggesting is that same thing, you not telling me I can't destroy a planet, but on a scale that people know what they're actually capable of. We aren't telling them they have to start there or that they have to end there. They still have the freedom in between it all to move.

That's in the old system and, it can be argued now, that people abuse the powers we already do have. Perspective.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on February 13th 2014, 6:47 pm

That's understandable, however obvious enough it would need to be checked on other staff members

Though I can Agree to that when presented in that form.

Still absolutely not, members when story system started pretty much auto proved they couldn't handle it, hence reflect going in. I can understand the cool ideas that could come and come out. However for every unique idea, they'll be another 5 apps using the reason why they were forbidden to begin with

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 13th 2014, 6:49 pm

Yeah, it would have to be decided amongst wherever the level is. I just think using a more clarified version would make it easier for people to know what's cool.

I feel those abilities were abused because people didn't understand what we could actually do. That stemmed from the fact that we had that week of INFINITE POWER that made them think the story system was just that...infinite power, when it isn't.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on February 13th 2014, 6:57 pm

I do not honestly believe it came from that. If it was brought back I honestly think it would become the basic inside everyone's app then arguments would break out over whose was stronger or whose was this or was that and so on and so forth

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 13th 2014, 6:58 pm

To each their own. I'm aware that many people don't trust the other members of the site because they easily abuse things and have proven such.

At this point, I take a step back and let the members defend themselves on that front.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 13th 2014, 7:00 pm

If Rent-A-Canon were to go through, I think the canons should at least be able to keep their canon power. Granted, they'd be approved for use of the topic, so if they did anything that breached that contract, the topic never happened and etc.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on February 13th 2014, 7:06 pm

^ the second one I can agree with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artless Artist on February 13th 2014, 8:10 pm

Interesting...

As far as i can tell, in my opinion it has always been if it takes away from the fun, then damn the rules. on another note, I can turn on a dime and tell you there is a limit on how much that can be pushed. As for me, I do often push, if not shove the rules, but I see that as a mistake/recurring problem of my own, (halfway because I believe my writing skills are less than perfect, and often forget to post things like that. (however, I would repost if it became too much of a problem.))

ANNNNNNNND as for the Rent-A-Canon...That sounds pretty good.
Artless Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on February 13th 2014, 8:17 pm

I skimmed the topic since I'm tired.

Villains: Why do you want more villains? Whenever Onyx did villain stuff, all you guys did was complain and ultimately do nothing.

Staff: We recently brought on more staff members, so we're trying to work on being more active. I, myself, have been busy with college as well as writing a personal story. I would like to be more active, but things keeping me busy keep stacking up.

Rent-a-Canon: We (the staff) will start discussing this. The reason we haven't gone ahead with it yet is because the staff was mostly inactive, and since that's been changed, expect more changes.

Forbidden Abilities: Honestly, if you guys want less restrictive rules but more fair roleplays, be more active in calling people out if they're not being fair. If somebody you're fighting is dodging too much or blocking too much or being generally OP, shoot them a PM. And if somebody you're fighting with sends you a PM saying you're being OP, don't get offended. I want to try to encourage more respect among the members before resorting to using restrictive rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 13th 2014, 8:21 pm

Whenever you have the chance, you should look over the other things too I mentioned too. ;D
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on February 13th 2014, 8:21 pm

Also, I thought of some counter points:

Q: But won't they just think they're being fair and I'm overreacting?
A: Everybody should acknowledge that they aren't always right and trust somebody who tells them they aren't being fair.

Q: Won't I look like I'm just resorting to OOC because I'm losing? / Won't people think I'm being cheap?
A: If you honestly think they're being unfair, say something. Who cares what others think? If you keep working under that assumption and keeping your mouth shut, you won't be able to have fun.

Q: Members obviously can't deal with the freedom, let's restrict it! (?)
A: I still have faith in our community. I think we just need to be more outspoken and direct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next