» Marionette
Enforced Posting Order EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Enforced Posting Order EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Enforced Posting Order EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Enforced Posting Order EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Enforced Posting Order EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Enforced Posting Order

Go down

Enforced Posting Order Empty Enforced Posting Order

Post by WR-105 on February 9th 2014, 6:55 pm

Should we have one? If we do, should it be generalized or after X people have joined a topic and it becomes too large?

If we do, there are multiple ways to go about it:

1) Strict // The posting order goes ABCD+ excluding established time limits.

2) Loose // The posting order works on a set. A, B, C, & D can post once during any point within a set, but they cannot post afterwards.
This means the posting order can be ABCD in the first set, BCAD in the second, ADCB in the third and etc. as long as no one double posts.

There may be other options, but this is just a quick skim over the idea. We could always keep the system as is, but have a stigma to designate a posting order after a certain size, even if not mandated.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Enforced Posting Order Empty Re: Enforced Posting Order

Post by WR-105 on February 9th 2014, 6:56 pm

My 2 cents: I'd rather we keep the current system, but if we do implement a posting order, as of right now, I'd prefer the second option over the first.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Pōn on February 9th 2014, 7:01 pm

I think if we do we should make it an optional rule. If the majority of people agree to a posting order it'll be required to abide by it if you're in the topic but if the majority wishes not to have one then they can post like they can now.

[23:23:32] Dr. Wattson : GUYS THE PLANET IS GETTING HOT
[23:23:36] Dr. Wattson : "it's called summer retard"
[23:23:41] Dr. Wattson : NO FUCKFACE
[23:23:43] Dr. Wattson : LIKE FUCK YOU
[23:23:46] Dr. Wattson : WE WOULDNT MAKE THIS UP
[23:23:52] Dr. Wattson : YOU THINK THIS IS HTE BEST THING WE CUOLD MAKE UP TO SCARE YOU?
[23:23:56] Dr. Wattson : WE COULD JUST CREATE A NEW AIDS FUCK YOU
[23:23:58] Dr. Wattson : WE'RE SCIENTISTS
[23:24:07] Dr. Wattson : (how i imagine the conversation of global warming came up)
[23:24:12] Dr. Wattson : went***
Pōn
Pōn

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 9th 2014, 7:04 pm

That's how it is now. An optional one based on the people within the topic.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on February 9th 2014, 7:06 pm

Actually it is an option to make any form of posting order as long as it's established.

I just think we shouldn't post more than twice without waiting for another if there is no word as to whether it's ok or not to post. I agree with option 2, but only because it has a bit about double-posting. I wouldn't want a strict order.

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 9th 2014, 7:09 pm

If anyone has any other suggestions they'd like to put up, feel free. I only put this up for discussion, not because I want it to go through.
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on February 9th 2014, 9:22 pm

In my opinion, a forced posting order kills the activity of the topic, since not everybody can be reliable.

I've talked to some people about this before.

If the issue is a matter of getting skipped, then you have two options available to you:

1.) As Amelia and Milo have said, you can instill a posting order in any topic you've made.

2.) OOC Communication. If you're not sure you're going to be on or on frequent enough but you don't want to be skipped, PM the others in the topic and tell them that. Talk it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on February 9th 2014, 9:34 pm

At the very least, instead of a forced posting order unless otherwise stated, wait for everyone to post at least once if it isn't established. Exceptions would be someone saying to wait for sure or skip for sure. That's just what I believe. I don't believe in assuming the latter, as that's what has been instilled in me for my career of RPing. Even when I....had the dark ages of RPing.

Don't ever enter the dark ages. The Dark Ages in world-wide history didn't really exist apparently, but RPers have their own REAL versions...

Asterics. First Person. Sooooo MUCH. GOD-MODDING. Anyways, still. I think something should be enforced even if it isn't a posting order persay.

Back to top Go down

Post by WR-105 on February 9th 2014, 11:23 pm

What do you think should be enforced?
WR-105

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on February 10th 2014, 4:17 am

As I explained, the whole courtesy of waiting for another.

It shouldn't be assumed that you should skip someone if you hear nothing from them, but of course if told you can skip them by that person it would be ok. Also, there is of course situations where groups split away temporarily, thus having two patterns that run independently to a degree. I.e. If Milo were to go take care of himself along with Sid, and Artlee and Wisdom went to fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on February 10th 2014, 4:30 am

I also think it can vary in degree to what is actually happening IC and we should just keep it as is now.

Like say ya in a fight having to catch up three pages back with or without attacks possible aimed at your guy would be rather annoying so I'd like to think the combatants would either wait or very least attempted to spilt into their own group for a bit as mentioned above to the other member is ready to join back.

But then eh sometimes in a easier topic like three friends eating at a restaurant. They all interact and one person has something come up, I think its within reason to let the other two kinda socialize like talking and stuff, acting like the third person is either being quite or dazed off. As long as they don't like make big decisions like turning the topic into a save the world event some common courtesy on Both ends could be ideal.

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on February 10th 2014, 4:43 am

Oh, that's a good point.

But to me, if someone is doing something drastic when there is obvious hostility, lol I'm not just going to sit there and let it happen. That's a point where my point comes into play.

If we are all sitting around a table and cracking jokes like good ol' mates of course it wouldn't matter as much. So where common sense applies, so should a courtesy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on February 10th 2014, 2:55 pm

I prefer what we have now because it is based of courtesy which instills trust in one another which is optimal given that we are a community of writers working together to create stories. Each individual situation will of course be different and dealt with courtesy for one another I think we can take full advantage of a prosperous community.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum