» Marionette
Hostile Takeovers and their Rules EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Hostile Takeovers and their Rules EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Hostile Takeovers and their Rules EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Hostile Takeovers and their Rules EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Hostile Takeovers and their Rules EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Hostile Takeovers and their Rules

Go down

Hostile Takeovers and their Rules Empty Hostile Takeovers and their Rules

Post by Terami on February 4th 2014, 3:25 pm

As the result of the rules placed on solo hostile take-overs, I feel I was cheated from my world. I do agree it was a more tyrannical way of going about it, but that is in line with the character. I also feel that since the expectations of what admins are looking for are not clear it also lead to the choices I made.

I asked one of the admins what they were looking for since the word count was lifted. I got nothing from him and all the rules stated was effort. So that was what I put into it. I feel that because what exactly should be in a hostile take over or how it should be structured wasn't clarified that cost me the world.

1. Like I said the main thing the rules stated was effort. So I decided to make it how a hostile take over's name implies. Terami was hostile towards the world to make the statement and took on the local government. Just because an actions isn't looked on well to the people doesn't mean the ruler wasn't successful. Look to any large empire in history. They destroyed and sacked their targets before rebuilding and controlling the area.

2. In the reasons why I failed, it stated, or implied that my story was completely off of what the town was like. Yes I know Halloween town. I have seen the movie and played kingdom hearts, but since this isn't really the Halloween Town of those mediums, I felt I could have taken more artistic license with it. This ties in to trying to make effort in my take over. So to keep this from happening in the future, it should be stated in the rules CLEARLY, that it should keep to the lore of Kingdome hearts more so than I have done.

3. This has less to do with my own situation just a suggestion. I think it will help if the person trying to take the world was also involved in some way with the evaluation process. Say what you will it might help things along faster and also keep some of the uncertainties to a minimum.

4. I think that if someone is posting solo, then they should be allowed to post multiple times in a single day. Not all people can get all their thoughts and ideas down in one sitting, no matter how good of a writer they are. So to move things along faster, if people can post at max 5 times a day, then they can get things done faster and speed up the overall process.

This may be seen as me just complaining that I didn't get a world, and maybe that is the case for some of it. I have spent weeks and weeks working on this, and all that work had basically been for nothing. A whole line of story I have been working on for him obliterated now. I just want to be able to know what needs to be on the hostile take over so it would work more for story than the ambitions of admins, since I can't help but think that their ideals had a hand in this.
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Hostile Takeovers and their Rules Empty Re: Hostile Takeovers and their Rules

Post by Kang on February 4th 2014, 5:55 pm

I assume I'm the admin you're referring to. This was my reply:

" Kang Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:35 pm

That's something that you should figure out on your own. There is no one, uniform way and it's dependent on how you get the world."

In a hostile takeover, you should be able to determine the best method to take over a world, either though politics or force, by yourself. If you need to be walked through or given the answers, then maybe you're not ready to lead a world yet.

1. Where you put and exert the effort is also important. I could spend 12000 words talking to a plant and call it my take over. That's a lot of effort, yeah, but it's not the necessary effort to take over a town.

2. What makes you think that you can decide how an entire town (that you don't lead) of NPCs act and react? What makes you think you can deviate from the source material when there has never been a case or statement that implied that you could?

3. That's like saying that the person who took a test should also have a part in grading it. There's obviously a bias there that we're trying to avoid. Just because you think it was adequate work doesn't mean that it actually is.

4. Alternatively, you could make separate sections in a post, indicating time passing and such with page breaks, to indicate the difference. This just seems like something that you personally don't like.

You shouldn't have built a storyline on something that was out of your control and you can't blame the staff for that. If we determined that your effort wasn't enough, that doesn't mean that we just don't like you. It probably means that we actually thought that your effort wasn't up to the standards of leading a world.

What you should be doing, instead of being bitter and blaming the rules/staff, is to start working on rebuilding or revising your story. Failing isn't bad. Giving up because you failed is.

Characters:
Mana
Sicarius
Xramu
Vex
Shirou
Kang
Kang

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on February 4th 2014, 6:42 pm

Terami wrote:
1. Like I said the main thing the rules stated was effort. So I decided to make it how a hostile take over's name implies. Terami was hostile towards the world to make the statement and took on the local government. Just because an actions isn't looked on well to the people doesn't mean the ruler wasn't successful. Look to any large empire in history. They destroyed and sacked their targets before rebuilding and controlling the area.

When someone has an empire, they tend to have the power to actually takeover the area with force. No individual can actually stand against an entire army of a world due to the power cap, therefore, you don't have the power required to forcefully take it. You'd likely have to build a separate empire to attempt such with worlds.

Terami wrote:
2. In the reasons why I failed, it stated, or implied that my story was completely off of what the town was like. Yes I know Halloween town. I have seen the movie and played kingdom hearts, but since this isn't really the Halloween Town of those mediums, I felt I could have taken more artistic license with it. This ties in to trying to make effort in my take over. So to keep this from happening in the future, it should be stated in the rules CLEARLY, that it should keep to the lore of Kingdome hearts more so than I have done.

General Rules wrote:Do not contradict the lore
The canon of the site cannot be contradicted by any means.

https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t9976-general-rules#96041

It says don't contradict it by any means...that means there is no artistic integrity with the world. You would have to drastically change a world like that through years of work.

Terami wrote:
3. This has less to do with my own situation just a suggestion. I think it will help if the person trying to take the world was also involved in some way with the evaluation process. Say what you will it might help things along faster and also keep some of the uncertainties to a minimum.

As Kang said, you don't grade your own papers in school, however, you can discuss them if the teacher's are lenient enough. What you're doing right now is pretty much discussing them with the teacher afterwards, to some degree, so.

Terami wrote:
4. I think that if someone is posting solo, then they should be allowed to post multiple times in a single day. Not all people can get all their thoughts and ideas down in one sitting, no matter how good of a writer they are. So to move things along faster, if people can post at max 5 times a day, then they can get things done faster and speed up the overall process.

If you want to post again why not just edit your post and include the information there? There really isn't a difference. I'm pretty sure 5 of your posts in your hostile takeover could fit into one, extremely large, post and it still doesn't make a difference in that sense.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on it and I'm chiming in because I'm not staff and had no say in the decision.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Terami on February 4th 2014, 7:03 pm

Alright I see my mistakes now. Thank you Kang, and Rors, but then I will still need to bring up something. I pmed this to Rors, but it seems that solo take overs have now become more difficult that PvP take overs. I say this because now in a PVP, the only thing someone needs to do is over power the defense and the world is theirs. Is that harder to do on its own? Yes you can say that, but then how will the NCP populas react? I don't think that it is completely fair to just have the NPCs count in solo takeovers, but in PvPs too. Just because someone overthrew the current ruler doesn't mean that the NCP population would just roll over. So then the person conducting the take over will have to find a way to appease the NCP populace.

On another note, I need to address the mods, and admin about keeping an eye on the rules. I know y'all are busy and there are not enough to see every topic, but like in HTs I think a mod or admin should have stepped in and said that I was contradicting the lore. They could have stopped the HT for that as a consequence or whatever I don't know, but I think that weeks of carrying on would have been avoided if someone would have just said something.
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on February 4th 2014, 7:07 pm

I thought the idea of simply murdering / defeating the enemy ruler of a place didn't constitute the fact that you won the world? What does assassinating a leader have to do with how well you could run the world and how the NPCs react? Obviously, there is the tyrannical route but you'd already need a military to enforce that.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on February 4th 2014, 7:08 pm

This is also why I wanted to implement the NPC community system control suggested in another topic. For example, the NPCs should potentially be able to revolt against a leader. It just seems more realistic that way.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kang on February 4th 2014, 7:09 pm

One of the main purposes of the recent site revamp was to encourage members to moderate themselves and other members, meaning that if you see something wrong, then it is your responsibility to speak up about it. You can't shove all of the responsibility on staff and then huff and puff about it when they don't catch it or don't do anything.

Characters:
Mana
Sicarius
Xramu
Vex
Shirou
Kang
Kang

Back to top Go down

Post by Terami on February 4th 2014, 7:19 pm

I know this sounds confrontational, but it is in reaction to how you worded the response Kang. Then in that case why do we have admins and mods then? In my experience they maintain the sites rules and makes sure things run smoothly. Besides the admins hounded me for minor things like pushing or grabbing for dramatic effect, but when something is a little more major like the lore of a world that needs to be addressed. Its one thing to be have people moderate themselves, and quite another to be completely hands off.
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on February 4th 2014, 7:28 pm

I think the only reason you were called out for other things and not this is because you did things to the other players who actually went and complained about it, therefore, the staff were alerted and knew about it.

Kang is saying that they don't necessarily know everything that is going on. Especially since only two staff members were really active within the last month (which is an issue in itself but I don't want to beat a dead horse).

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on February 4th 2014, 7:30 pm

The lessening of pressure on staff Kang was referring to I imagine was when admins had to keep track of as many topics in activity as possible, while training new staff, and checking every approval (we checked each others' approvals as well). I don't think I will aim to step into a mire of nay saying/negativity just yet so let's all chill for a moment and take in the lessons life gives us. As for the issue at hand I do believe it has been amply dealt with and hostile takeovers further explored as a topic which is of interest to anyone involved with the site personally interested or not.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Terami on February 4th 2014, 7:39 pm

Well like I said. The admins and mods seem to have no use to the site. I am not attack you all, but I am tired of being hounded by you and other members because of little things I end up doing, and when I make a suggestion that might be worth listening to everyone either ignores me, or they like kang here things I am attacking them and putting all blame on them when they do the same to me.
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on February 4th 2014, 7:59 pm

I wouldn't mind talking about it but that is would be a two way road; so take a chill pill and have that conversation when your ready.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Terami on February 4th 2014, 8:10 pm

Alright I will drop it for now. I have posts to get to anyway.

but in all seriousness, I really did thought I would get banned with how I was acting.
Terami
Terami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down