» Marionette
Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin)

Go down

Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin) Empty Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin)

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 27th 2014, 3:08 pm

Midnight. The time that Aoifes favorite tavern closed up it's bar, and the time where she typically spent a bit of money to pay for a large amount of alcohol that she had consumed earlier in the night. Surprisingly, the Pirate Captain had neither drank, nor gambled tonight! It wasn't for a lack of interest in either of those activities, nor was it because of a lack of payment for such necessities of a pirates life, it was simply because she felt like something major was to happen tonight, and she didn't want to be impaired by alcohol when it did. It was why she was walking down a backalley that led to the main road, followed by a red will o wisp that was her torch. She had a hand on Her fathers cutlass, ready to draw it if someone tried to kill her, but hopefully that wouldn't be the case...but in case she was wrong and didn't have time to draw her swords, she had her recently made hidden blades on her arms, just in case...

Theme: Shepard of Fire
Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin) Empty Re: Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin)

Post by Mireya on January 27th 2014, 5:05 pm

As the female pirate walked down the empty streets of Port Royal at midnight, a certain sound would reach her ears.

Yo-ho, yo-ho...

It was the voice of a man. Though at first surrounded by the shadows of the night, his figure was soon lit by the light produced by Aoife's torch. It revealed a tall, black haired invidual, who was wearing oriental clothes that looked rather out-of-place for a place such as Port Royal. This person walked through the darkness without a care in the world, as if he didn't fear the possibility of being attacked by street bandits or suffering any other type of "accident".

A pirate's life for me...

He just hummed that particular song as he walked. He'd stop, however, upon seeing Aoife standing in front of his eyes.

Greetings, woman. If it's not too rude for me to ask, just what are you doing in these dangerous streets so late at night?

The new Governor of Port Royal had found himself with some free time in his hands and had decided to take a walk through the town to inspect how things were going. But it was lonely to traverse dark alleys at midnight, so he was hoping to find a conversation partner in the girl.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin) Empty Re: Dealing with the Law (Private, Yin)

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 27th 2014, 5:10 pm

Aoife was looking at the rooftops around her when someone asking her something made her jump, causing her to reflexively place one of her hidden blades against his throat, but when she realized that the man was unarmed she calmed down, removing the blade from its position with a sigh of such relief. Sorry, I'm not used to being on edge as much as I am tonight. she said as she unclenched her fist, the blade returning to its hidden housing with a small snick. Well I just left the tavern I was spending a bit of time at, the bar closed, so I had no reason to be there, even though I hadn't been drinking. she explained, her hand still on the hilt of her fathers cutlass as a second torch appeared above her head, making her look as if she was being followed by two Will 'O The Wisps. To be perfectly frank with ya, I was headed back to my ship. she said, slightly slipping into her pirate tone of voice, and her pirate vocabulary.

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 27th 2014, 7:13 pm

Yin would remain calm as the blade approached his throat. He felt killing intent coming from the woman, but it was small, the killing intent that a person released when trying to protect themselves against possible threats. Yin Ahriman had no reason to act, and he showed the woman a confident smile when she removed the blade.

She's fast and there wasn't a single wasted movement in the action of releasing the blade and aiming it towards a vital point... I wonder who she is?

Yin heard how she explained what she was doing and lifted an eyebrow when she said she was heading to her ship. Heading to a ship, and then that tone of voice... Yin understood with ease part of the woman's identity.

So you're a pirate. Yin wasn't asking, but stating the facts. It's rare, but always a pleasure, to meet a female pirate. Yin Ahriman would release a brief laugh. And I suppose now is the time when I present myself, right?

I am Yin Ahriman, current Governor of Port Royal! His voice would resound all around the street, a loud voice that belonged to none other than a man who believed of his words to be worthy of being heard by the heavens. What's your name, pirate?
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 27th 2014, 7:24 pm

What's your name, pirate?

when the current leader of this world asked this Aoife grinned. Aoife Cailin, Captain of the Ember Celicia, at your service. she said with a dramatic bow before standing up straight again. Well, can't say I expected you to be...so short. she said with a chuckle, as she was about a good two heads taller than him, so she had to look down to make proper eye contact with him. The way my mother talked about you, it made it seem like you'd be at least my height. she explained with a chuckle as she leaned against the wall. So, we can talk here and have me only pay you half as much attention as I do normally, or we can wait to talk long enough for us to be on my ship. Your choice. she said as she absentmindedly unsheathed and re-sheathed her hidden blades.

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 27th 2014, 7:42 pm

Yin Ahriman bursts out laughing when the Aoife Cailin mentioned that he looked smaller than expected. He was about to comment that the woman was simply just too tall, but he refrained from doing so, thinking that it may be taken as an insult.

Yes, I am often told that I don't live up to expectations. He says after calming down his fit of laugher a little. However, as every good man must do, I compensate for it through my actions. If you're not taken seriously, then the least you can do is to prove them wrong! To make them think that you're even greater than they heard!

But enough of that. He had completely recovered. Let's go to your ship. The Ember Celicia, was it? I'm eager to know how it looks like.

Yin would make small-talk as they walked. At some point, he'd ask:

You said you were a Captain. A pirate captain, you mean? I wonder that type of people is under your command.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 27th 2014, 7:47 pm

Yeah...Let's just say that all of my last crew died fighting my current first mate. As of right now, I only have a first mate, and a cook. Both of which are somewhere in this town. she said as she opened a corridor of light in the path they were travelling in, closing it behind the both of them and opening another on the deck of her ship. It's not much, but it's been my home since I was but a little girl. she said as she sat on one of the railings, closing the corridor the minute Yin arrived on the deck of her home.

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 27th 2014, 7:57 pm

Yin Ahriman was more curious than surprised when the woman opened the corridor of light. If she was capable of something like that, then maybe this pirate had more to herself than she looked... though only time would tell.

The Governor's eyes would gaze around the ship, inspecting everything he could: the deck, the main mast, the cannons, even the wood it was made of... and after he was done, he nodded in approval to Aoife, the captain of the ship.

This is a fine vessel, Captain Cailin! His voice would be as loud as ever. It shows that you've taken good care of it. It'd be good to set sail in something like this and explore everything there is to explore in this land someday! However, as you know, things aren't as good as they should in our dear Port Royal. I must take care of that before I do anything else.

Captain Cailin was certainly an interesting pirate. Yin thought it wouldn't be bad to make "the offer" to her. However, there were certain things he needed to know before being sure of it.

Captain Cailin, how much do you know about me? Don't think about the "me" you see right now, but the "me" that you've heard of. Just what do you think of the man called "Governor Yin Ahriman"?
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 27th 2014, 8:06 pm

To be perfectly blunt, he's a fool to think that he can bring about change without the support of the pirates, as we make up the majority of the population here. But, while he may be a fool, he is one with very good intentions. He just needs a bit 'o help from someone that knows their way around in the world 'o piracy. she said, fairly bluntly, as torches came to life in the brackets she had specifically set up for them.

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 27th 2014, 8:18 pm

...a fool?

For a moment, Yin Ahriman's tone of voice sounded angry and his eyes darkened. He appeared to have been deeply offended by Aoife Cailin's words. Yes, he looked angry, really angry... but it was only for a moment.

I am not just a mere fool! He'd say, lifting his clenched fist in the air. I am THE greatest fool that this land has ever seen before! And sometimes, a fool is just what a nation needs to grow for the better! But don't think that pirates make most of this world's population: if that was the case, this place would be much more chaotic than what it is now.

Of course, Yin Ahriman had his own link to the pirate world under the name of Captain Edwin Blackwell and the Blackwell pirates, his main supporters during the revolution. From them he got weapons, hands, and later a strong friendship. However, he wasn't going to mention Blackwell to Aoife... at least not for now.

You are an honest woman, and I like honest people! If you say that I need help from someone who knows the world of piracy, then why don't you become that help? Why don't you, Captain Aoife Cailin, join my side? That would solve the main problem this fool over here has, don't you think?
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 27th 2014, 8:29 pm

When Yin made his speech Aoife couldn't help but laugh, he took her thoughts about him in stride, something she honestly admired. Good, you at least know that your not superior to everyone else. I think that we'll get along just fine. I have no problem helping you, after all, this is my home too. she said as she pushed off of her railing, walking over to where Yin was and leaning forward onto it, looking out to the sea with an almost wistful expression...

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 27th 2014, 8:41 pm

A King may stand above the people, but he also can't do anything without them, so there is no point in thinking of myself as better than others.

That was a truth that Yin Ahriman's soul had learned through countless experiences of ruling so many different lands in the past. If there was not mutual respect between the King and his people, then there was no way that the nation would last for too long.

As Aoife approached him and leaned on the railing of the ship, he did the same and looked at the ocean.

Port Royal is filled with crime, piratery, brawls, drunkyards and scammers... but it's still such a beautiful world exactly because of these many imperfections.

Aoife Cailin. He'd address the woman by her name. If you wish to truly "join" me, then there's something you need to know. My goal isn't just to make things better for Port Royal... no, my true goal is much bigger than that.

Unification! He'd shout that word to the heavens. My true goal and dream is to unify everything there is to conquer in this Universe under a single flag! To make every town, every city, every country and every world part of the same nation, a nation that I'll help create and rule with my own two hands!

What do you think about that foolish dream? His question would be followed by a confident smile.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 27th 2014, 8:47 pm

Its a fools dream like no other, but its one that I'd like to see happen. she said with a sigh as some of the torches around her went out, she then flashed a grin at Yin and took off her captains Jacket, hanging it off of the bracket like a peg before leaning back, hanging off of the railing by her legs. Your right, this world is a beautiful place, a world where land and sea meet in a tender but rough embrace, a land where sea and sky meet in the most secret of places. A world where men and women risk their lives staking their claims to treasures untold. she said, a wistful tone to her voice as her wings of light appeared, allowing her to let go of the railing and buzz over the surface of the water, enjoying the cool spray she caused. Its precisely why I love the place I call home! she yelled as she flew up and over her ship, taking a dive in the cool water before flying under the ship and landing next to Yin, already drying thanks to her naturally higher body heat. She was completely dry in but a few moments. Your goal is noble, I would be honored to help you achieve that goal.

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 27th 2014, 8:58 pm

Yin watched silently at how wings of light grew out of the woman's back, creating a figure that was like that of an angel, though a really tall angel that is. He waited until the woman landed again by his side. And when she spoke again, Yin showed another confident smile:

That's what I wanted to hear!

He'd take Aoife's hand and shake it to seal the agreement.

It'll be a pleasure to work with you in the future!

And that's how Yin Ahriman got the support of Captain Aoife Cailin and her crew. Though he didn't know much about her, at the very least he knew that the woman's words had been honest: he could trust her.

Now, if you don't mind, would you wish to undertake a small test of strength? Nothing more than a short battle to know how strong you really are.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 27th 2014, 9:08 pm

Sure, but can we take this away from Ember please? I kinda use magic that is of a high risk to the ship itself. She explained, opening up a portal to a nearby island as her wings folded up against her back, now looking as if they were the wings of an angel.

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 27th 2014, 9:22 pm

Yin Ahriman walked through the portal and reached the island. It was about 3 miles wide, enough for a full combat without casualties.

Then we'll have our fight here. However, it is not me who you'll be fighting.

He lifted his hand as if giving a signal, and then 4 figures appeared in front of him, answering his call. They were all big, silver armors: one of them was taller than the rest, carrying a big shield on its hands, two of them carried swords, and the last one had a book. These were part of his Armor Squad, enchanted armors that Yin Ahriman commanded at will when going to war.

You'l fight these guys. I want you to prove your strength before them. Of course, you can attack me if you'd like... but I'm not responsible for my actions if you do.

The armors were in a basic formation: the Shield Armor was in front, protecting the group with its giant shield. The Sword Armors were in the middle, ready to strike at their opponent at the slightest movement... and the last armor, the one with the book, also called the Magic Armor, waited to see which was the appropiate spell to cast in order to make more damage to their opponent.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 28th 2014, 11:39 am

When the armors got into their formation Aoife drew both of her Cutlasses, getting into an offensive stance, the cutlass in her left hand held out in front of her, while the one in her right hand was held out slightly to her right, the point still facing the armors. She then smiled and spun around, sending off four arcs of pure flame from both swords! She then unfurled her wings again, sending down fireball after fireball down at them as she flew high above them!

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 28th 2014, 7:12 pm

Yin Ahriman said that he wouldn't fight, which was technically true: the Armors would do the fighting, not him. However, Yin Ahriman was a tactical commander: his main role wasn't to hold a sword, but to lead the man holding that sword to victory.

He activated his ability named Eagle's Eye. Suddenly, the shape of the island would appear on his head, as if a third eye was watching it from above. He'd be able to see in great detail everything that happened, allowing him to give his armors more appropiate orders through his Telepathy.

Defensive formation. The Shield Armor placed its shield in front of the group, sinking it in the sand a little for better footing, and the rest of the Armors hid behind the recently-formed barrier to remain undamaged by Aoife's arcs of flame.

Attack. The Shield Armor and the Magician Armor would remain in place, but the two Sword Armors would run out of their hiding spot and would follow Aoife's figure through the sand. In order to defend them from the fireballs sent at them, the Magician Armor would cast an icicle to intercept them before they could reach their destination. It'd ignore the fireballs sent their its way, as the Shield Armor would protect it, and the Magician Amor would use that opening to attack Aoife directly with the icicles.

In the meantime, the Sword Armors would use palm trees to propel themselves in the air and catch up to Aoife, slashing their swords at both of her sides.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 28th 2014, 7:57 pm

When the fireballs were shot through by the icicles Aoife grinned, pulling the explosions together into a single giant ball of fire, something she used to blow the other two armors away, and with this she also was attempting to blow all of the armors away!

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 29th 2014, 3:21 pm

Defend. The two Sword Armors would place their swords in front of them, using them to protect themselves from the ball of fire. They were, indeed, blown away, but not far, and their bodies resisted well enough to stand up again after falling to the ground.

Protect and Concentrate The Shield Armor placed all its weight on the shield to avoid being blown off by the ball of fire. What it needed to do wasn't to avoid being damaged, but to protect the Magician Armor behind its back while it charged its spell. Soon, it had charged a big enough icicle that would cut through the fireball's remains, aiming towards one of Aoife's wings.

Take Cover and Wait The two Sword Armors would hide behind two palm trees and would wait to see how Aoife reacted. If she fell, they'd rush to slash their swords at her, and if she didn't, they'd just remain there, keeping watch on her moves.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on February 1st 2014, 12:10 pm

When The Icicle came at her Aoife folded up her wings and dove, creating a ball of lava and tossing it as hard as she could at the Shield armor, desummoning her swords as she activated Bhreoslú lasracha, her body turning to fire and lava as she landed on the ground, her now flaming feet turning the sand into glass before she started to hover above the ground, she then formed a much larger ball of magma and threw it again, now going all out against these things...

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on February 4th 2014, 9:06 pm

Protect and Stop.

After taking so many balls of magma on a row, the Shield Armor's shield weakened and part of the lava reached the armor's feet, melting them and making it unable to move. Once this happened, the soldier suddenly collapsed and all its pieces came off, as if it no longer had any life inside.

That's enough for now, Aoife.

Yin Ahriman would step forwards and his troops would disappear.

You are strong. Of course, you need to work on your tactics... but you're indeed strong. I think I'll be able to trust you when the time comes.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on February 5th 2014, 8:24 am

When she was told that was enough for now Aoife nodded and ended the form, her body turning back to normal as she touched down on top of the glass pane she had created. Ah tactics, some of my favorite things to obsess over. Had you given me more time or more opponents I'd have used different tactics. But, as it is, I was simply doing as you asked. Now if you will excuse me sir, I will go to make something a little more...modest for meetings. She said as she opened two portals, one that she walked through that closed immediately, and one that he could walk through that would do the same.

(TOPIC EXIT)

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down