» Marionette
What are you writing? EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
What are you writing? EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
What are you writing? EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
What are you writing? EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
What are you writing? EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

What are you writing?

Go down

What are you writing? Empty What are you writing?

Post by Mana on January 26th 2014, 11:31 pm

After a recent conversation in CM, I got kind of curious. There are several writers on the site (since this is a site based on writing), and many of them are working on their own stories.

What story are you currently working on?

I'm writing a short novella that's heavily inspired by the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya series. It started out as kind of a tribute thing, or an abstract fanfiction (using the premise with original characters instead of an original premise with a preexisting cast of characters), but the more I wrote, the more I kind of expanded upon it and made it my own thing. I'm pretty excited about it because I'm almost done with it and even though it's pretty short, it's the first piece of work I've started that I'm actually close to finishing.

Back to top Go down

What are you writing? Empty Re: What are you writing?

Post by Sir Nicholas on January 26th 2014, 11:37 pm

As I said in the chat - my book is called Paladin's Heart. It's for sale on Lulu.com - but I haven't seen much success from it.

It's a Dark Fantasy which a young knight (Sir William) has to face demons, undead, monsters and other perils as he goes on the journey from boy to man.

The sequel is called Holy Knights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 26th 2014, 11:48 pm

I'm currently working on a novel, though work has been pretty slow lately.

I was playing around with many different "old" concepts when the idea hit me. The story begins with a young man who happens to find a temple of sorts in a forest, and out of sheer coincidence his presence there wakes up the goddess of the temple, who offers him one wish in exchange for his actions. However, unlike the story of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp, this young man is unable to think of a wish that he'd like granted, mostly because of the heavy consequences each wish could bring to his life.

So he decides on not wishing anything at all, and the goddess responds that she'll wait by his said until he's ready to make a wish. The story mostly deals with the character's thoughts about the matter, his relationship with his friends and how his world changes with having a single, all-powerful wish at his disposal.

If I had to mention an inspiration… then probably the novel/anime series Bakemonogatari because of how it tells things through conversations between characters more than actions.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on January 26th 2014, 11:51 pm

Currently, writing a solo album.

After that, and the work that goes into promotion, performing, and visuals, I'm likely going to have us work on the movie script we were planning on writing.

After that, I might focus on writing sketches or even a comedy-drama based pilot.

If decide to tackle some pilots for shows, I'd likely do another for a cartoon that's solely drama based while sprinkling some action into it.

I'm tempted to start a blog at some point that may or may not tackle whatever I feel like ranging from world events, to media, to things I just generally find interesting.

Might write a short story of some sort, in the middle of it all, if I find a premise I wish to expand upon. I likely would make it a slice of life type novel. I'm not big on writing fantasy.

I dunno. I have 2 novel ideas, but I want more experience with as many mediums as I can before tackling a novel. That's likely something I'd do in my mid-twenties, when I have more life experience.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on January 27th 2014, 3:10 pm

I've got a blog site on Wordpress where I'm currently posting my original fiction. I'm hoping to use that to build enough of an audience to support offering e-books and eventually dead tree editions.

My personal style is actually serialized fiction, that is, single chapters and such released in the manner that they used to be written, like Charles Dickens and all them used to do. Currently the biggest form of serialized fiction is book series, but I'm looking at writing much smaller pieces much more often. More like comics and tv shows are part of a larger narrative.

Currently I'm going back to the version of a story called Castellan Dreams: Traveler that I started writing back in 2007. When I stopped working on it in 2009 because of backstory issues with Kenshin, in particular, I had 75 chapters averaging 2500 to 3000 words each...

So yeah. That's what I'm doing.

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.
Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero~ on January 27th 2014, 3:16 pm

I am currently working on a comic called demons soul. The comics about a young man named Kira. His is the son of a priest who was given the job of keeping the demons in control.

fight songAngle of darkness

Timeline:  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t12666-nero-s-timeline

Combat level:1
MP:Unknown
Nero~
Nero~

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Sparrow on January 27th 2014, 3:57 pm

I have been working on a novel for about five years, maybe a little longer. I've come so close to completing it so many times yet I'm never fully satisfied with it so I end up deleting certain chapters and scenarios and having to almost redo everything.

The title is, "The Abbot: A Call to Destiny". It's inspired by The Lord of the Rings saga as well as Dragonquest 8 (ps2 game). The story follows a young Templar knight, Alexander, through his various travels and adventures.

Cap'n Jack's profile: https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t9116-cap-n-jack-sparrow-profile#87036
Jack Sparrow
Jack Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Dataloid on January 27th 2014, 6:14 pm

My concept I've been contemplating is about a boy being possessed by a greater demon whom has the ability to use the hate of one to feed and empower himself. The boy would eventually break out of his control and become his own demon. While there would be a demon v. demon story, I planned on taking the quite tragic route and focus on the deteriorating mentality as relationships come and go...through death and devouring by this demon. Basically it is going to be a quest for freedom but at the same time a descent into insanity as the boy becomes more and more the demonic demographic. That's one version of my idea...there's been various others but it's juggled around the same idea.
Dataloid
Dataloid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down