» Marionette
The Second Meeting (Private, Adam) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
The Second Meeting (Private, Adam) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
The Second Meeting (Private, Adam) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
The Second Meeting (Private, Adam) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
The Second Meeting (Private, Adam) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

The Second Meeting (Private, Adam)

Go down

The Second Meeting (Private, Adam) Empty The Second Meeting (Private, Adam)

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 25th 2014, 11:07 pm

It had been a single week since Aoife had landed back at home, it had taken her crew most of that time to fix the dents, dings, and general hell that the little bunny eared girl had wreaked on the Ember Celicia. Alright Me hearties, because you've been working dilligently this whole week, ya'll get the night to do whatever you want to unwind. she said, smiling and watching as the crew left her behind, allowing her to sit back in the chair she had pulled up in front of the wheel, and grab a good book to read...

Theme: Shepard of Fire
Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

The Second Meeting (Private, Adam) Empty Re: The Second Meeting (Private, Adam)

Post by Adam Tempest on January 26th 2014, 12:05 am

"Alright, but this is your last chance to back out." Adam laced his smile with a well-calculated measure of haughtiness - just enough to get the uncouth scoundrels worked up into a frenzy. Sure enough, the swarthy outlaws brandished their harshly jagged and curved swords, still stained with rust, blood, or some combination of the two, in anticipation of the Esper's demise. "Ye best be holdin' that tongue o' yers, laddie, 'er we'll be cuttin' it out before we carve ye up." The centermost of the quintet bragged. To his immediate right, his crewmate gave a hearty laugh of agreement before taking a swig of rum and casting the bottle deftly aside. "Yar! Ye may wear the garb of a ship's captain, but yer fancy sword pegs ye as a dog o' the Navy, er else a stuffy noblem'n!" Adam could only broaden his grin and brush a lock of blue hair from his eyes. He stretched his fingers out, then reached calmly over his shoulder. However, the pirates had no intention of playing fair, and they rushed him before he so much as set his hand upon Nothung's grip.

Unfortunately for the sea dogs, they faced no ordinary man, but an Esper of vast speed and unparalleled swiftness. By the time their rusty blades got within striking range of Adam, he had drawn forth the Psy-Edge Mk IV and held it at the ready. Its uncharged edge reflected the moonlight as it danced about the amateurish flailing of the opposition, guided by the masterful hand of Adam Tempest. Among his five adversaries, not one knew proper form; some scarcely knew how to hold their swords in the first place. He disarmed one, then two, then cut down the third and fourth in as many motions. The fifth thought himself clever and drew his flintlock pistol, firing his lone shot at near point-blank range. To his immense surprise, however, Adam slid out of the way with superhuman swiftness, letting the bullet fly harmlessly by as he ran the pirate through. With grace and elegance, Adam flicked his sword to let the blood run off.

The Esper walked on, casually tossing a hefty bag of coins and catching it in his left hand with a satisfied grin stretched across his face. However, he had not come to the docks solely to fight pirates - though it was certainly a plus. He sought out a particular ship, and, luckily enough, it did not take him long at all to come across it. Adam found its captain reclining with a book in her hand, scantily clad as he remembered her. Of course, given that he chose to go shirtless in Port Royal, he knew himself to be in no position to judge. So, he approached with the sack of gold in one hand and the other slid into his pocket. "Hello, Miss. I don't think we were properly introduced the other night."
Adam Tempest
Adam Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 26th 2014, 12:26 am

When the man from the previous night came up to her and said how he didn't think they were properly introduced Aoife simply turned to the next page in her book, then placed her bookmark on that page. You realize that you just killed my entire crew, correct? she asked, likely surprising him with how she knew that. We were all connected telepathically. So, you owe me a crew. The name's Aoife Cailin. she said as she rose from her chair, prounouncing her name like "ee-fya". It made sense considering that it was an Irish name.

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Tempest on January 26th 2014, 12:48 am

"I killed...your crew? Well, there must be some mistake. I certainly haven't -- wait. You can't mean those bloodthirsty scoundrels back there!" Adam asked with a degree of surprise. Given the lengths to which this woman had gone to spare the lives of those who defiled and damaged her cherished ship, Adam had honestly expected her crew to have at least somewhat of a moral center outside of that absolute dreck known as the "Pirate's Code". And, if not ethical paragons, he at least felt comfortable in assuming they would know how to fight! This "Aoife" displayed strange powers not well known in his World and at least one which he knew as a Northern creation, and she used them with masterful skill. To think that so noble and mighty a figure possessed such an ill-mannered, amateurish crew. "If the men I killed were your only crew, then trust me, you're better off." He spoke bluntly as he ran his fingers through locks of deep blue hair.

"They were making quite a ruckus when I found them. When they attacked me, I offered to settle our 'dispute' with a gentleman's wager." Adam continued. Still, he felt rather bad for having stripped Aoife of her only crew, though he could not quite bring himself to feel guilt for the act of killing. Unless they put on a very convincing act, he felt certain that more than a bit of the blood on their swords had been spilt from innocent bodies. "Well, here." With a flick of the wrist, Adam softly tossed the sack of gold before the piratess. It fell with a pleasant jingle to the boarded floors of the ship's deck, and the Esper let out a deep sigh. "I had come here to pay you for any damage I might've caused to your ship the other day. My Telekinesis stopped it, and so I can't say for certain whether or not I'm responsible for any of the dents. But...in light of certain," he paused for a moment as he searched for the right words, "recent events, it would seem that I'm still in your debt, aren't I?"
Adam Tempest
Adam Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 26th 2014, 1:02 am

They were all shitfaced she said as this man realized what he had done. But yes, it does seem that you still owe me. she said with a smirk as she tossed her book into the chair and stretched, popping the vertebrae in her back back into place. She then bent over and picked up the bag, temporarily giving the esper a glimpse of certain..assets before standing up straight again and pocketing the munny.

Last edited by Aoife Cailin on January 26th 2014, 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Tempest on January 26th 2014, 1:23 am

"Yes, I could smell the rum on their breath." Though Adam caught himself staring, he did not for one second abandon his cool, collected expression as the woman bent over to collect her pay. He briefly wondered to himself in the deeper recesses of his mind whether it had been a deliberate gesture meant to unnerve him (and thus make him easier to "negotiate" with), or just the natural consequence of wearing such revealing clothes. Adam decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, though he instinctively folded his arms across his chest before speaking. "Perhaps we could both benefit from this whole ordeal." He said with a confident and most genuine smile. "You need a crew, and I'm seeking information. The best way to do that is to travel." Adam went on to draw his sword from the strap across his back, holding it up to the light of the moon in his off hand before planting it in the ground and leaning his weight upon it. "I can at least say I'm a better swordsman than your entire old crew put together, right? Of course, if you'd still like to test my skills, I would be more than happy to oblige you."
Adam Tempest
Adam Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 26th 2014, 11:52 am

I actually do wish to test your skills. Its nothing against you, I just test all of my crew's capacity to defend themselves in battle, It's a test everyone must pass to become a member of the crew of the Ember Celicia. Aoife said as she tapped the hilt of Emer, contemplating where they could go for this. Hey, can you fly? I know it isn't a common ability, but if you can things will be much easier for the both of us. she explained, waiting for his answer as a slight breeze blew both her hair and her coat towards the east.

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Tempest on January 26th 2014, 10:48 pm

"Fly? Hm. Unfortunately, no." Adam furrowed his brow. "We haven't quite perfected that ability yet." The Esper harkened back to his days at the Republic Research Academy, where he had been among the first to volunteer for tests involving the application of Psychokinetic Force upon the user's own body. Though it sounded simple on paper (at least until his team began working their way through the calculations), it required that one's inner aura be harmonized near-perfectly with their projected aura. With a margin for error of 0.001 PKEs, the Academy had yet to put out someone capable of sustained levitation...But, of course, Adam thought better than to bore Aoife with his line of work's more gritty, quantifiable details. "To make a long story short, it's tougher for us than you might think." He sighed, sheepishly and reflexively tilting his gaze toward the faded remains of what had once been a rather grievous scar along his forearm. "But, for what it's worth, we can do this."

Adam's feet left the ground, and for a fraction of a second, he looked as any athletic man attempting to defy gravity. However, where most people reached the apex of their vertical leap, the Esper released a controlled burst of Psychokinetic Energy. This propelled him high into the air, where he soared gracefully with a just-barely-noticeable smile across his face. Adam grabbed on to the highest point of the ship's mast, whirling around it to steady himself before landing on its uppermost tip. There he stood with impeccable balance, looking down upon his new "Captain" as he waited for her to take to the skies and join him. Just as the ocean breeze ruffled her hair and jacket, so, too, did it blow Adam's thin coat to the eastern horizon. "Probably not much good for our purposes, but it serves me well enough."
Adam Tempest
Adam Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife Cailin on January 27th 2014, 1:44 pm

Well if you can keep that up for about five to ten miles, then it works just fine, I don't want this test you have to go through harming Ember is all. she said as she patted the wall she was standing next to with a smile. Only reason I asked is because..well, you kinda killed my crew, so I won't be able to set sail for a while. she explained as her wings of light appeared and she flew up to where Adam was standing.

Aoife Cailin
Aoife Cailin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down