» Marionette
Worlds and How Big They Are EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Worlds and How Big They Are EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Worlds and How Big They Are EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Worlds and How Big They Are EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Worlds and How Big They Are EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Worlds and How Big They Are

Go down

Worlds and How Big They Are Empty Worlds and How Big They Are

Post by Mireya on January 22nd 2014, 2:41 pm

Onyx said to put this in the suggestions, so here it is.

Basically, I believe we should set in stone how big the 28 worlds currently in the Kingdom Hearts universe are.

For example, the Land of Dragons, if we take it as what we've seen in-game, is relatively small, but if we consider it to be as big as China, the territories you can explore and the actual way everything works inside that world will change.

Same with Port Royal: the city itself should be under the command of the British Army. However, if we go technical, that would mean that Britain also exists in that world And then we can go even more technical and add the entirety of Earth.

Of course, we can't do that. It'd be too much. So we need to set limits. In my current Port Royal HT, I'm setting the world as the entirety of the Caribbean Sea, and nothing else, but that is subject to change.

Some people may say "hey, you can go as far as you like, it's about the story aspect of things after all," but if I go to Neverland, which also has a London, and suddenly decide to go to the US, which exists at the time, would people stop me? They would, and not even the "hey, it's for story, so I can go where I want" argument would save me.

This is nothing too big or serious. We should simply discuss it and reach a consensus on how big these worlds are and add a small description about it to each of their sections, so we don't have any future problems.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Worlds and How Big They Are Empty Re: Worlds and How Big They Are

Post by Lenneth on January 22nd 2014, 3:03 pm

Idk if we should set in stone how big worlds are since personally I'd like personally discovery and how vast we can tell role plays off in some expected territory. I do already consider each world literally being their own earth and just that we focus on their different areas of those earth a lot more for a general theme like their china for land of dragons or their london for never land since each world is set in different time periods or slightly differences even if their on the same earth region.

And i like areas not always stuck in some town or city most of the time or not limited to areas across an ocean for others

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Mireya on January 22nd 2014, 3:13 pm

I understand that, which is why I think we must decide: are these worlds a certain particular area or are they as wide as we want them to be?

Of course, we could always not care much and take things as they come. But I think having some clarity about the subject could really help.
Mireya
Mireya

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on January 22nd 2014, 3:42 pm

Eh i think it should be as far as we want to for the role play. And i'm kinda for the all take it as it comes in approached since it be impossible limit every possible wrong scienero that can happen or determain how much it can go right exploring say we found north america in one of the world's time lines making up time lines an story changes to a world idk, would take a lot of effort of course.

I do understand some of the points like what if a person wanted to attack Brit itself while in port royal or spain attacks for some reason and see how it effects that section of the world. Guards would be effect, the people might whisper revoultion and the pirates might be seen as heros who can say. But the wild stories to make sound exciting

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on January 22nd 2014, 7:16 pm

I believe that it would be incorrect to call this the "KH Universe". Rather, I think that the "KH Multiverse" would be a more appropriate title. Each of our 'worlds' extends infinitely, without any real limit except that within the game. Sora traveled to London through Neverland, but we don't consider the city as a part of that world. We have three Frances on site--the Country of the Musketeers, the Beast's Castle, and the City of Bells--yet they're clearly separate, unique universes independent of one another. And there's obviously much more area to China than portrayed in KH's Land of the Dragons.

My point is, the word 'world' is a subjective term. For example, within Disney movies--the mediums from which KH draws a majority of its worlds from. In the Little Mermaid, Ariel's world is limited to Atlantica and what's under the sea--but we know that there's another world, Prince Eric's kingdom, that thrives up on land. In a similar fashion, the only world Belle has ever known was her little, quiet village, yet she longs for something more than that provincial life--which she finds in the Beast's Castle. And in Tarzan, the title character is unaware that any other world besides his home in the Deep Jungle exists; that is, until he meets a party of strangers from England. The word 'world' could refer to a city, or a country, or a continent--and we use it as all three within the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Each and every one of our worlds is not limited to the area of gameplay. Even though those other places may not be explicitly shown, or even stated, to exist, they do still exist. And it's hardly likely that a world has only a single town within it. These worlds don't have any physical barriers isolating it from the rest of the places within its universe, so why should we bar our characters from visiting them? Isn't the rule here that our characters can do whatever they want (that is possible), as long as they have an IC reason for it?

However, what I do suggest is that while we may be free to visit any place in any world, we should only be able to affect the areas as defined by KH canon. No conquering London, no destroying New York, etc etc. Anything remotely significant should be restricted to what exists in the KH games. After all, this is what our site is.
Kenos
Kenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Yima on January 22nd 2014, 8:04 pm

I have always see the words as considerably more expansive than the game portrayed or allowed us to interact with but all their own realm of being; the three Frances is a good example of that.  Some would be more so than other of course, not all hearts encompass the same birth of connections, and since these places have hearts that I assume also applies to them.  

In terms of what can do in movies versus game we would need to consider the game the priority since that is the main source of information on the universe/multiverse we are tell these stories in; that does not mean they are without merit however can could with good judgement be used as inspirational pieces since what happened there may have not happened in the kh storyline since their own plots were no longer isolated incidents.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum