» Marionette
ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES

Go down

ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES Empty ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES

Post by Etzolix on January 18th 2014, 6:56 am

There are some things that need clarification. If we compare to the canon for our power level, this means we can use Genie and Stitch as comparisons.

What isn't stated on site, but what is generally accepted by staff and, likely, some members that have been spoken to on site, they're too powerful. If they're too powerful, then where is the line drawn? If we compare to canon, but we can't compare to certain canon, what canon can we compare to?

Personally, I think it's too easy to destroy a world, right now. I had imagined it taking a full fledged battle with a large number of people to leaves worlds in rubble, but it's staff choice about the power cap. I had envisioned a 7 v 7 battle to destroy a world and leave everything barren, but that depends on the world.

Magic uses stamina, it's not a free resource. The more powerful the attack, the more stamina is drained. The better you are at magic, the less it'd take from you, but this doesn't mean you never lose stamina.

Also, why do people seemingly have maxed stamina now? I understand it's a story system, but a story is only fun if the characters actually have weaknesses and flaws. So, sure. You can be a mage with high stamina and magic, but you should have some types of weaknesses to draw them back.

Also, self improvement should be a constant. I don't think anyone gains anything from being lazy. Yeah, yeah, it's about fun, right? Well, it's hard to have fun when you know the other person doesn't give a damn enough to put at least the slightest effort in a post. Obviously, quality > quantity, but that's assuming you're putting quality in a post to begin with. If you have neither, how can someone RP with you?

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES Empty Re: ADDRESSING UNSPOKEN ISSUES

Post by Mohon on January 18th 2014, 2:07 pm

I understand where you're coming from, yet at the same time, I believe you're generalizing a bit too much. It is true that sometimes we get situations where a character seems to use large amounts of magic and then act as if it had been nothing for him, or characters that show off extremely powerful abilities while not adding much quality to their posts, but I believe these situations are repeating themselves less and less as we get used to our story-based system.

I've seen how some members have improved their characters from badass bastards that could take an explosive bullet to the head and be totally OK with it to characters who have actual weaknesses, worries and several other things to justify their power. Even if these members can't show the same quality others put in their posts, either because they are not as experienced in this RPing business or because they don't think they should, it's OK as long as they use their characters fairly and have fun with it.

Regarding the destruction of worlds, I'd like to present a different set of problems: first off, even in a 7 v 7 all-out battle, completely destroying a world in the way it has happened shouldn't be THAT fast or easy. I've always accepted the worlds in this forum as much bigger than what we're shown on the games. It's obvious, considering we sometimes talk about large armies and population that shouldn't have been possible with what we've seen in KH games. These worlds are much more than that. Take the Land of Dragons, for example: we should all know that, other than the Imperial City, there are several other towns and big urban centers scattered around the place and that it should take someone more than a day and traveling to actually ensue "total destruction". I can understand if Destiny Islands or Halloween Town are destroyed in such a short time-span, but places like the Land of Dragons or Disney Town (which I assume to be really big and not limited to just the town) should have a greater difficulty of destruction.

Also, about the improvement you mentioned. This shouldn't be applied to users, but characters as well. If you want your character to grow stronger or gain powers that he/she shouldn't easily possess, you can't just write those powers in your profile and be done with it. It's one of the reasons I made Lea Garza and his Dungeon Shop in the first place: so that characters could have a legitimate reason to grow strong or to gain stuff they shouldn't have been able to obtain otherwise, and for the moment it has worked pretty well.

Hell, you can even ask other users for help! You can take advantage of their own storylines to further enrich your own. For example, I wanted Mohon to have a powerful sword, so I made a side-story based on Shinzo of Gales' background story. I got my sword, he got new story elements, and we both had fun. It's pretty simple, really. You just need to ask and it'll be a plus for everyone. And if you just want your charrie to be stronger, as an even stronger character to help or train you. These are things that I really shouldn't point out but that people apparently tend to miss.

That's about all I wanted to share... and damn I wrote a lot. Sorry if it's too long to read for some.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on January 18th 2014, 2:17 pm

I speak in generalized terms to bring the issue forward, not criticize the specific users who have committed the actions. If it's enough of an issue that there have been multiple, and consistent, complaints, then there has been an issue.

Destruction of the world should take effort, I don't think any world should be destroyed instantly but it depends on the world itself. I don't even know if we're using only what's seen in the game or if we're using more than that. It should be clarified by staff, as well as the issues involving the power scale brought up in the original post.

The rest of what you wrote is pretty on point.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohon on January 18th 2014, 2:22 pm

Alright. Sorry if it sounded a bit rude when I said you were "generalizing". And I agree that we should clarify just how big these worlds are in order to avoid further problems, as well as the power cap problem. Even in a story-based system we should still have clear limits on stuff.

Now, to wait and see what other people have to say.
Mohon
Mohon

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on January 19th 2014, 10:14 am

Considering the members of the site, they won't address anything worth addressing unless it's shoved in their face.

In this cold reality,
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie on January 19th 2014, 5:06 pm

I agree with everything that has been said; however, I have a thought. It's not to be used as an excuse for myself or for anyone, but the way I see it, if members see one character at an unbelievably powerful level--especially if they're in battle with said character--they feel a need to be just as powerful so that they can live and survive. They can't continue their story if their character is dead--and frankly, they're shoved into that position of deciding to stay true to their character's levels and dying or becoming suddenly more powerful and surviving. Granted, there are those who take advantage of the system just for the sake of not being weak, or not being viewed as weak; and although those members kind of go overkill, it's not the majority of the site. I've seen a lot of people take advantage of the new system solely for the story, expanding on their characters or even creating new, interesting characters.

As I said, I agree with everything stated by others above^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down