» Marionette
A Magic Show (Open) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
A Magic Show (Open) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
A Magic Show (Open) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
A Magic Show (Open) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
A Magic Show (Open) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

A Magic Show (Open)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Magic Show (Open) Empty A Magic Show (Open)

Post by Faye on January 13th 2014, 12:35 pm

“To make a dove appear from a formerly empty box”. That was a trick.

“To make an object float in the air without transparent threads”.
That was a spell.

In the corner of a newly-rebuilt street, on top of an improvised stage, the young girl who had mastered both tricks and spells performed a show for the passing-by crowd. Her attire was that of a witch and in her hands there was a small wand. People who dressed like witches weren’t uncommon in Halloween Town, but witches that could actually use magic, and with ease… those were a rare sight.

F-for my next trick, I’ll make this table over here… disappear.

The table that she had been using to perform was covered by a white mantle, and with a single touch of her wand it did just that: disappear. In reality, the young witch had shrunk its size enough to be unnoticeable by the naked eye, something that was just as amazing. Following act, she moved the mantle to a different location, acted as if she needed to concentrate, and…

...here it is.

The table had reappeared. A round of applause followed her act and some coins fell to the open box she had left in front of her stage.

That’s how she managed to sleep and eat every day: magic shows. With enough effort, anyone can gain the money to pay for a room and a meal. It was a simple fact that took her one year of stealing on the streets to understand.

However, Halloween Town wasn’t the ideal place to go if she wanted to make a profit: there weren’t many people left and the little money they had went entirely to rebuild their homes and lives. The young witch was actually amazed that they were willing to spare some coins to a street performer.

But Halloween Town was her home world, and after living in another place for so long, the witch felt that she needed to see those dark, scary but nostalgic streets again.

The witch performed for an hour before taking a break. She moved her stuff away so it wouldn’t inconvenience those passing by and sat on one of her tables, counting the money resting inside the box with a disappointed expression in her face.

Not even enough for bread…
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

A Magic Show (Open) Empty Re: A Magic Show (Open)

Post by Feisu on January 13th 2014, 3:44 pm

"Awww...living like a pauper, huh?"

A shadowy humanoid walked towards the girl with an evil looking grin. Yet, he had no weapon on him except for the scythe he had on his back, but, he didn't remove it from that area. He just approached, grinning widely.

"Well?"

Perfection Adoption
Feisu
Feisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye on January 13th 2014, 3:57 pm

A grinning man came to her. The mere fact that a person approached was enough to make her jump out of the table and think how to escape. In desperation, she had the idea of taking one of the many miniature furniture and items she carried within her bag (this time some type of box) and used her growth spell to make it bigger than herself, using it as a shield to separate herself from the weird man and to hide at the same time.

Only then it hit her that the stranger may not be a bad person.

But he just made fun of me... She hated it when people made fun of her.

Faye raised her head from behind the box to look at the stranger.

Yes, I'm a pauper alright... Now go away.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Feisu on January 13th 2014, 4:03 pm

The creature was not impressed by the simple growth spell. He just stood there, grinning at the girl.

"Good to know, and...NO!" He took the table, and ripped it away from Faye's arms, grinning wickedly. "Now, tell me, little one...what do you think you're doing in a very scary place like this? Wanting to get a couple coins? Or you doing this shit for fun?"

Perfection Adoption
Feisu
Feisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye on January 13th 2014, 4:11 pm

The table broken by Feisu didn't look expensive, but Faye was still thinking about selling it if things didn't work out well. Now she was angry.

Of course it's to get a couple of coins, creepy person... She answered, doing her best to stand up to him. How about you? Do you have a reason to go around scaring little girls in places like these? Maybe you do it for fun? Does it turn you on to harass poor children like me?

Psycho...
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Feisu on January 13th 2014, 4:13 pm

"Of COURSE I have a reason you fucking cunt. You know what world this is?" He motions to the world around him, still holding his disturbing grin. "Fucking Halloween Town. Where scares come everyday. If you're not scary, you don't have a place here."

He rolls his eyes, losing amusement in this. "Either way, you're not gonna impress much with THOSE skills."

Perfection Adoption
Feisu
Feisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin on January 13th 2014, 4:15 pm

Leave her alone. Ignore him, he can be really mean at times... Sin came up from behind the young which, placing a hefty handful of munny into her box with the rest of it as she eyes the shadowy man known as Feisu. She wasn't too sure on what his intentions were, but Sin wouldn't allow him to do as he pleased, attempting to harm others with no real resson.

Wearing her dark diva dress, black and silver blue in color, her hair was tied up with black headphones over her ears.

Every encounter she's had with Feisu so far lead to uncomfortable situations, although he had yet to do anything physical to Sin herself. It just... really weirded her out...

She turned to Faye with a small smile, placing a hand on her shoulder. Her silver blue eyes glimmering with joy. It was an amazing show, by the way.
Sin
Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Feisu on January 13th 2014, 4:18 pm

"If it isn't Sin." Feisu turned to face the newcomer, and this time, he winked. He had seen her before, and he quite enjoyed getting her into very uncomfy situations. He loved to see the misery of people. But most of all, he liked to convert the dead. Not that these two knew, likely.

"Come to watch the show with me? Is this our little...date?~" He cackled.

Perfection Adoption
Feisu
Feisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin on January 13th 2014, 4:20 pm

She puffed out her cheeks, balling her fists as her face was tinted a light pink. Like anyone would date you, ya weirdo...
Sin
Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye on January 13th 2014, 4:24 pm

Halloween Town is not about fear but fu-

As she was about to correct the creepy person, Faye heard a new voice. She turned around to see a young woman with a dark diva dress and long hair. She was apparently trying to protect her from the other person. However, when the newcomer placed a hand on Faye's shoulder, the little witch jumped back, separating herself from the girl. She really didn't like physical contact for no reason.

But then Faye saw the money. A large sum of money. She rushed to the box and counted it.

T-this is enough for a room and food... Her sparkly eyes looked back at the woman. Really? Really?! She tried to show herself expresionless, but she was really happy for the gift.

T-then... you'll be Miss Rich-Girl... She said in a weak voice, pointing at Sin. And you'll be Mister Psycho. She pointed at Feisu with a bit of anger behind her words.

As she was really bad with names, Faye had developed the habit of giving "Mister" and "Miss" nicknames to people she met.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin on January 13th 2014, 4:34 pm

Taken aback slightly at how she declined the hand on her shoukder, the look on her face changed to that of a smile when the young witch gave her the nickname based on her gift.

I-It's not much, really. I just have an appreciation for the performing arts, is all. I like to spread the love every once in a while...

Miss Rich-Girl..? It wasn't what she would have named herself, but Sin supposed she had it coming. No use in trying to sway those who were not quite yet acquainted.
Sin
Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Feisu on January 13th 2014, 4:37 pm

Feisu coughed. "It's actually Feisu, little one."

He rolled his eyes again, and turned once again to Sin, with a genuine frown forming instead of a grin. Why was this so?

"Tell me...why do you think it's a good idea to give munny to this girl who's probably faking it? How do you know she isn't pulling some scam to get free munny?" He shook his head. "I did charity once. 20 munny. As it turns out, it was a fucking scam, so, no more charity for me."

Perfection Adoption
Feisu
Feisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin on January 13th 2014, 4:46 pm

Sin slowly turned to face him, her eye twitching in minor anger.Whether a scam or not, she performed well and I wish to show my appreciation for the act and my entertainment. Your getting scammed and holding a grude is of no fault of anyone's but your own.

She said this, but something in the back of her mind told her that the young witch was no con artist and that she deserved the munny now in her possession. But inky time would tell.
Sin
Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye on January 13th 2014, 4:52 pm

S-scam?

Mister Psycho thought she was scamming them. A scam. As in faking everything in order to get munny. A scam? Really? How dared he say that. After all those nights sleeping on the streets, after all that hunger... he'd dare say that she was trying to scam?

Unforgivable...

She muttered those words low enough so that only she'd be able to hear them. No matter how angry she was, she couldn't just take it on a person she didn't know. She hadn't fallen that low... yet.

Then, Mister Psycho. The little witch looked at the strange person in the eye. If I prove that it's not a scam, will you pay me? And if I actually impress you... will you pay me more?
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Feisu on January 13th 2014, 8:16 pm

Feisu turned to pull a sickening grin at Faye.

"Hm...so...you're saying that I can pay you if you do some novice level shit magic. And I can pay you more if, for some reason, I'm impressed. Well guess what, little lady? Those deals don't come shit, you know. So, you know my answer already."

He bent over, to let his face stand merely centimeters from Faye's, almost touching. "NO, NO, NO!"

Perfection Adoption
Feisu
Feisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye on January 13th 2014, 8:40 pm

Mister Psycho said those words as their faces almost touched. Faye had reached her limit. She took a deep breath with her mouth, trying not to smell anything coming from Feisu's body, and then in a low voice said:

Kitty Balloon.

Out of sudden, a round and elastic surface, like a balloon, would appear around Faye's body. A big, round balloon... in the shape of the head of a cat. It'd be an instantaneous appearance, and given the distance between the two, Feisu would probably be unable to move away in time.

The effect would be simple: the elastic barrier would make Feisu bounce off. The act of "bouncing off" wouldn't hurt or damage Feisu at all...

...however, it wouldn't be the same if he "accidentally" hit the wall at his back.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Feisu on January 14th 2014, 2:59 pm

"The fu-"

He was cut off by being launched back by some kind balloon. He didn't have time to react, the spell being so sudden. So, he was launched, right into the wall behind him, which made quite an angry shout in pain. He stared up at Faye, shimmering quite immensely. It was almost as if he was some kind of flame.

"Oh, an asshole, aren't ya? You're gonna mess with me, then?"

Perfection Adoption
Feisu
Feisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye on January 14th 2014, 3:45 pm

...I shouldn't have done that. The scary expression in Feisu's face told her as much.

She quickly diminished the size of all her tools, including the stage, and caught them with her bag. Following act, she turned to Sin and quickly bowed her head to the girl:

Thanks for watching, the magic show is suspended for the day, farewell.

And then Faye ran off through a nearby alley. She had many methods to escape... but for the moment, just running off would suffice.

However, she took her time to look back at Mister Psycho with a mooking look on her face as she turned the corner. Feeling danger didn't mean she would stop feeling angry, after all.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin on January 14th 2014, 4:45 pm

With a bow and a quick word, Faye was as good as gone. Sin reached her hand out the the witch, wanting to say something but lost her chance. With an unhappy scowl, she turned to Feisu.

I know this goes without saying, but that wasn't very nice... nor adult like.

She dashed off in the direction that Faye had left in, sticking her tongue out briefly at the shadowy man before turning the corner. It was people like him that made society such an awful place for children...

Hey, wait up. she stopped at an intersection, looking all directions before her shoulder slumped in disappointment. Where'd ya go..? She was good in her get away, but there was no doubt that she'd be found sooner or later. All Sin wanted to do was ensure her safety...
Sin
Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye on January 15th 2014, 3:19 pm

OOC: Feisu hasn't posted in a while, so...

Up here, Miss Rich-Girl.

Faye would speak from the roof of an old house. The girl didn't possess the ability to jump such heights or to even climb the wall with her physical strength. However, certain spells and abilities allowed her to do several things. For example, in order to reach the roof of that building, she had used the spell With Walls to fuse her own body into the wall, move upwards, and then separate herself from the structure once she had reached the top.

In truth, she intended to leave that place for good using her flying broom, but the voice of the woman stopped her.

Is Mister Psycho not after me? That was strange. He DID look pretty pissed off. And why did you come after me in the first place? She didn't sound angry, but she wasn't happy either. She just doubted Miss Rich-Girl true intentions, just like she doubted every adult she ever met.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin on January 15th 2014, 4:19 pm

The sudden voice calling her from above made Sin jump lightly as she turned to face the young witch at the top of the building. A sigh of relief left her body as she placed a hand to her chest.

No, I don't think he followed. Might have lost him, but I'm not completely sure... Sin looked over her shoulder in the direction they both had come from, reconfirming that the shadow was indeed not in their presense. Looking back toward the roof of the building, she said, But I suppose you could call curiosity the reason I followed you. I like to meet people like you. It's fun. Sin flashed a genuine, bright smile at Faye, twisting a little in place in a childish manner.
Sin
Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye on January 15th 2014, 5:54 pm

I-I see... that's ok then...

Truth to be told, Faye was a little happy at hearing Sin's words. For a long time she felt uneeded by the world... so hearing that someone had had fun meeting her was a bliss. Faye wasn't going to let those feelings show on her face though; she wasn't that close to Miss Rich-Girl yet. There were only a handful of people that got to see her true feelings. Like Mister Cat, for example.

Remembering Mister Cat reminded her of Traverse Town. Soon, she had a question in her head:

Miss Rich-Girl, are there any other worlds with a lot of people where I'd be able to present my show? She asked, still on the rooftop. I've only seen this town and Traverse Town... and I don't know much about other words... so...

She was asking for her help. Faye at least trusted her enough to ask for her help. That was a good sign.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin on January 15th 2014, 6:38 pm

Hm... Sin looked down in thought, tapping her chin witht the tip of a finger. Well, I'd say Radiant Garden is the most populated place at the moment... Most the other big cities are undergoing... reconstruction, currently.

Twilight Town, Disney Town, Land of the Dragons, even now Traverse Town - all these places and more were either in ruins or currently in the middle of reconstruction. Sin wondered if she should mention how Apocalypse, her family, had a hand in some of the destruction, but decided against it. Good thing, too.

She looked up to Faye with another bright smile, waving her down closer. Some things weren't meant to be yelled out. And should Mr. Psycho reappear, Sin was ready and willing to protect the young witch to the best of her abilities.
Sin
Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye on January 15th 2014, 6:53 pm

Sin wanted Faye to go down. Was that such a good idea? Not only because Mister Psycho could go after them, but also because... well... Faye still felt a little insecure around the other girl. It was only natural, as Faye couldn't trust anyone, much less if they were older than her.

After debating within herself for a while, she decided to go down by using her spell With Walls again. After reappearing on the ground, she kept a hand on the wall in case she needed to escape.

Radiant Garden... I suppose I'll go there soon, then... She nodded to herself. And reconstruction... you mean, like this place...?

Faye gazed at the street where they stood. Even in a hidden alley like that traces of destruction could still be seen. The trail left behind by that thing was clear.

I lived half my life in this place... Feeling a bit nostalgic, Faye talked a bit about herself. It wasn't a pretty place... but it was nice. I liked it. I could have led a... "Proper life", "good life"? ..."life" here.

But that thing appeared... Her tone of voice lowered. And then... they all...

For a moment he remembered her parents, the scientists... and then she noticed that she would start crying if she continued. Faye shook her head and sighed. Sorry.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin on January 15th 2014, 9:16 pm

Sin was relieved when Faye came down. That was a good sign. She smiled widely at her, nodding to confirm her question. The smile soon fade, though, as she continued talking. Her home was gone, too? Sin knew very well the feeling of having no real home to go to. But along the way, she opened herself up to people, and she found home within them. Perhaps she could be that person for this child.

That thing? She wondered for a moment as to what she was referring to, but then quickly remembered the recent events that transpired there in Halloween Town, inwardly flinching at the thought. Outwardly, however, Sin gave an empathetic smile.

There's no need to apologize. It's quite alright. Every one of us has moments that the very memory causes us weakness. I, too, have them. There was tightening in her chest as she remembered her love, Haru. How long had it been since she last seen him? Only time remembered, as it hurt to much to try.

Shaking her head of the thought, she leaned in closer to Faye with a gentle smile, cupping a hand to her lips as she spoke in a whisper. While I do think that working hard and doing things yourself is very respectable, I know how it feels to not have anything. If you find yourself in a pinch, come find me and I'll help you out. Or... at least.. I'll do what I can to help, anyways... Sin looked to the ground and away, scratching her cheek. She looked back to the young witch with a slightly embarrassed face.
Sin
Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next