I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Marionette
Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo) EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo) EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo) EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo) EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo) EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo) Empty Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo)

Post by Aisling on January 12th 2014, 7:24 pm

Once upon a time, there existed a library said to contain the knowledge of men and gods alike.

Now, after being burned to the ground, this library resurfaced at the call of Lea Garza, the Dungeon Master. Just outside of the city of Agrabah a building made entirely of brown stone had appeared, much like the legendary Cave of Wonders did to the man that became prince. This building made people think of the ancient civilization of Egypt... or at least those who knew of that civilization that only existed in certain worlds.

Yes, it was the Royal Library of Alexandria.

Leaning on the entrance door stoof a single man, Lea Garza. On a whim he had decided to create a Dungeon outside his home town. For a change, this Dungeon didn't hold a weapon, but something rather different, and thus the challenge would be different from what he had done before.

Still, he was sure an adventurer would come to challenge the Library of Alexandria.

Yes, he knew. The inscriptions of the gods of knowledge written on the doors called for someone to unveil the mysteries of that building.
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo) Empty Re: Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo)

Post by Akari on January 12th 2014, 7:30 pm

When Aria first saw the Library appear she was stunned, it was a library she had heard about, but wasn't alive to ever see. So naturally, it drew her to it like a moth to a flame. Wow..just...WOW! she said as she came up to the entrance, she was clearly mesmerized by the size of the library...

Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo) 27Xb

Aria's Theme:Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na): My Chemical Romance
Aria's Battle Theme: Guren no Yumiya: Linked Horizon

Alexis's Theme: Mz. Hyde: Halestorm
Alexis's Battle Theme: Final Reckoning: Q-Factory
Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo) Empty Re: Third Dungeon: Royal Library of Alexandria (Aria, solo)

Post by Aisling on January 12th 2014, 7:39 pm

Lea Garza saw a young lady approach. She was the first one to come to the library out of sheer curiosity. She looked normal at the distance... but she could also be a potential challenger.

Greetings, young lady! The Dungeon Master approches the girls. Are you interested in this place, by any chance? I'll inform you that this is called a Dungeon, the Royal Library of Alexandria. It is a harmless place decided to challenge your mind. In there, you'll be able to find an interesting reward... but only if you're worthy of it.

Anyone can try. He smiles. Would you like to challenge it?
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 12th 2014, 7:55 pm

When she was approached by the man who created this library Aria smiled, listening to him and then grinning. I would like to challenge it, I love to test my intelligence, and I admit, I am curious as to what this "Reward" is. she said with a smile as she adjusted her Cloak, pulling the hood up with the same smile on her face.

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 13th 2014, 11:37 am

What an energetic young girl. Lea Garza was pleased. Very well. If you wish to challenge this Dungeon, then just step through these doors. He points at the doors with hieroglyphics behind his back. It'll open if you touch it and close behind your back once you're in.

However, remember: even though there won't be physical danger for you inside, there WILL be mental danger. If your mind is not strong enough, you may lose yourself inside. I'm always watching and listening, so you can ask me whenever if you want to return outside. However, the Dungeon will disappear once you do.

Let's try so it doesn't get to that.
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 13th 2014, 6:09 pm

When Lea finished his explanation Aria nodded, walking forward with confidence and determination before touching the doors, walking into the library as soon as there was a large enough gap for her to squeeze through, her left hand starting to glow so she could see as the doors slammed shut behind her.

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 14th 2014, 7:28 pm

Even though the building had no windows, the inside was well lit, enough for Aria to see what was in front of her and beyond.

It was, in a few words, a labyrinth of books. Countless bookshelves, one after another, all with books of different color, different content and different language. Aria would notice that there was a single road to follow between these bookshelves... but how long was this road? The building didn't look that big from the outside. It was probably tens of miles long. It'd take a normal person many hours to just reach the other side.

However, it was something expected from the Royal Library of Alexandria, the place said to contain all the knowledge of the world.

You there.

A single being suddenly appeared before Aria. It looked like a dwarf-like person, wearing blue robes and a pointy hat big enough to cover his face.

I am the Librarian.

Yes, the Librarian, the only creature living inside that Dungeon.

Tell me, outsider: what is it that you seek from this place?

Aria would have no way of knowing, but the trials had already begun. The question was simple but serious, and she needed to be careful with her answer if she wanted to proceed.
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 14th 2014, 7:42 pm

As she walked through the library, amazed at how much knowledge was contained by it, she nearly ran the librarian over! It was only his saying something that made her stop and bow. I'm so sorry, I nearly ran you over! she said before standing up straight and looking down at him. I only seek to learn sir, I have no specific goal in mind, but I love books, it's partially why I was drawn here. And might I say, you have quite the collection! she said excitedly and honestly. She really had no idea what she would find here, so she would take her time finding whatever the prize, or even what she wanted, more knowledge.

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 14th 2014, 8:05 pm

So you're here to learn.

The Librarian appears to think for a while.

I accept that answer. He nods. Let me guide you.

The Librarian would start moving, prompting Aria to follow. He'd move around the bookshelves, between the books, he'd walk and walk, sometimes in circles, gazing at the rows of knowledge but never turning to face the girl. The only thing Aria needed to know was to follow this person... but could she?

His small figure would turn in a corner and reappear at the other. He'd be walking in front of Aria one moment and he'd be behind her back at the next.

Between the shelves, between the books, between the pages, the Librarian's presence would turn as fickle as the light of a candle.

Aria could choose to not follow the Librarian and continue on her own. If she did follow the Librarian, then she'd lose sight of the entrance door and even of the road she was following. She'd find herself surrounded by books, by knowledge; knowledge that attempted to trap her inside that library, to overwhelm her mind, to not let her escape.

She'd lose sign of the Librarian. Yet, at the same time, she'd also hear his voice:

You seek to learn, but there is a reason behind this desire.

Everyone wants to learn something... bad things and good things.

What is it that you seek to learn, outsider?
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 15th 2014, 5:06 pm

When she was asked what she sought to learn Aria took a deep breath and sighed. I wish to learn of the past, specifically the past of my own soul. I have heard the rumors about this place, and if any of them are true, then you have something that can help me. I simply wish to retrieve this book for the knowledge it contains. she said sincerely and truthfully as she looked around her, keeping a watchful eye out for the librarian in case he would try to attack her for her words...

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 15th 2014, 5:18 pm

The past, is it?

The Librarian disappears once again, leaving Aria all alone in the middle of all that knowledge. Her earnest answer had been a good answer, but answering correctly wasn't enough to overcome that trial. Things were just beginning.

Look over here.

The Librarian stood on top of some stairs that had appeared out of nowhere. He was searching for something on the highest part of a bookshelf. When he found it, he took it into his hands and then threw it down to where Aria stood. It was a simple and short book, without any illustrations or flashy colors in the cover. Aria would read the title, and only the title:

The Tale of Aria Yamasaki.

That book doesn't belong to this place. Said the Librarian. Help me find the right shelf.

And don't, ever, open the book.

And the Librarian would disappear. He had left in Aria's hands a source of temptation: inside that book, everything about her story and the story of her soul was written. However, she was ordered not to open the book, no matter what, and to search for its rightful place.

Aria would look around and see that she now stood in a completely different place. The bookshelves were there... but everything was darker, gloomier, darkness that told her heart to open to book, to see what was inside, to finally get to know those secrets she so desperately wanted to hear...

Her goal was to find the right place for that book. For that, she needed to search around that maze, without knowing where she was or for how long she'd need to walk around. The sheer stress and pressure such thoughts put above her shoulders would be enough to discourage a normal person.

Would Aria be discouraged?
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 15th 2014, 5:59 pm

When Aria watched as the librarian pulled down a book of her life out of the bookshelf she gasped, but the minute she touched the book she realized that it was simply a test. Readit...Readit....READIT! a voice whispered, she knew that these voices represented the darkness in her two hearts. So, taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and channeled both her power and the power of Alexis Silverblade, and when she opened her eyes they took on a yellow tint throughout the grey of her eyes. I will not open this book. You shadows have no power over me...Over Us. two voices echoed as she began to glow brightly, glowing bright enough to keep the shadows at bay as she began walking, finding that she might have a long way to go, she was in the Z section, and the fiction section of the Z's at that! But on her right was the non-fiction section, so she took the turn to the right, the whole time carrying the book close to her chest, looking at hundreds, if not thousands of books written by an author with a last name starting with the letter Z....

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 15th 2014, 6:27 pm

Aria had shown her determination. She was determined not to give up, not to open the book, not to let her heart... or hearts, be consumed by the darkness brought to her by temptation. However, thousands and thousands of books didn't want her to find the rightful place of the curse she carried, the curse of The Tale of Aria Yamasaki.

In any case, what was its "rightful place"? What shelf? What letter? The letter "T"? "T" because of the title? Or maybe she needed to find the author?

...the author? Who could have written a tale about her? Who would know enough about her life to write a book with such a title?

The Dungeon was designed to make Aria ask herself those quetions.

Did you know that there are people who write books that never go public?

Again, the voice of the Librarian, this time somewhere she couldn't see. It happens because they want to write their deepest memories and secrets in those books... At the same time, people seek those books, because they want to know these secrets as if they were their own.

And another book falls. It's a book similar to Aria's. However, the title this time is different:

The Secrets of Tyler Saikou.

Even family keeps secrets from each other. If they were in a book, wouldn't you like to know them?
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 15th 2014, 6:48 pm

When the book of her brother fell in front of her Aria hesitated, but then the gold flecks started to glow. No, my brothers secrets are his own, every person has secrets, some more dangerous than others, but a secret is the burden of the keeper, not those around him or her. she said as she walked past the book, looking at it and touching the surface with the intent of finding it's place. She got a single letter. A. That was the section this book belonged to, A for Aria.

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 15th 2014, 7:27 pm

Aria understood well the meaning of that book. Who could write a book about herself... other than herself? The book was the representation of her memories, both present and past. She didn't need to open it in order to know what was inside. Yes, even if it contained things she doesn't know about herself... she'd get to know them in due time.

The "A" section, where the authors with the letter "A" at the beginning of their names gathered. Aria would walk around that section and at some point would notice something strange: in a shelf separated from the others, a small space where a book was missing. Every bookshelf was filled with books... but only that one had an open space.

It was time to put the book in.

The bookshelf would starm moving on its own the moment Aria did what she needed to.

It'd reveal a passage in the wall. The Librarian would be waiting for her at the other side.

Even secrets are meant to be known by others. That's why they are written down in the first place.

...but what about things that aren't meant to be read? Would you like to see?

The Librarian would guide Aria through the pitch-black darkness of the hidden passage, deeper, deeper, to the point that no one would be able to see anything anymore.

She had to keep walking, even if she feared getting lost and never coming back.
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 15th 2014, 7:36 pm

When she finally found the place where the book would go, she placed her history there, watching as the librarian was revealed and she followed him upon his request. Wait...you said "Things that aren't meant to be read" Then how are you meant to learn them? she asked more out of curiosity than anything.

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 15th 2014, 7:48 pm

You can't. Was his answer. There are several things men shouldn't learn.

Yes, several things that could bring that could destroy even the strongest of minds...

They reached a wide hall. For a moment, it all remained pitch dark, without a trace of light. However, small flames would begin to appear here and there. These flames were burning on a certain something... something white... paper? Yes, paper. Torches made of paper, paper from books. These torches would iluminate the way for the two.

But the torches weren't the only ones made of paper: the floor was the same. Pages containing sacred information that no human had to learn.

Aria needed to remember the Librarian's words. If she did, she'd know it'd be better to not look down or to simply close his eyes.

Because when a human learns a big truth, they'll never be the same again.
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 15th 2014, 7:52 pm

When he told her what she needed to know Aria's eyes widened as she simply stared at the back of the librarian's head, trying not to read anything for fear of her mind becoming destroyed, she quite frankly didn't know how strong her own mind was, and she didn't want to push it...

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 15th 2014, 8:13 pm

The flames led them for more than an hour through the fields of forbidden pages. The ink sunk under their feet and sometimes the edges threatened to cut their clothes or skin. The two, however, didn't stop, as they headed to an unknown destination in order to claim an unknown reward.

It took them a while, but finally something other than just pages and torches was visible at the distance: it was something resembling a small box over some type of altar.

Lea Garza, who had been observing everything happening inside the Dungeon, smiled: she had reached the last chamber. Now one more test and the reward would be hers'.

However, that test could be much more than she could handle.

The pages rose up all at once. Yes, the many pages making up the floor, they all rose up, flew in different directions and formed similar structures: walls. A wall behind Aria's back, a wall in front, and walls extending to her sides, forming corridors of white and black. She had suddenly gotten trapped into a labyrinth, with the Librarian being left outside.

If it was a simple labyrinth, though, it wouldn't be called a "challenge". The fact that the many pages forming the walls were now easier to read was the frightening part. No matter where she looked, that cursed information would reach her brain. She couldn't trust it now.

But if you can't trust your mind to solve a puzzle... in what else can you trust?
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 15th 2014, 8:22 pm

When the walls formed a labryinth Aria had finally had enough. With a closing of her eyes she let her vectors reach out in front of her, grabbing the corners and shredding the pages, she was not going to come this far just for some information to stop her! These pages will not stop us. Alexis and Aria said in perfect synch. Regrow and regrow all you want, you will not keep us away from the truth of our past! they said as their three extra arms tore the walls apart!

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 16th 2014, 2:16 pm

She was being perseverant. Good. That's how it needed to be. To block off her mind, to block off any information-gathering process and to simply rely on the perseverance of whatever lived inside her body. The perseverance to tear through her obstacles, no matter what they were.

It took her a few minutes to finally break the walls separating her from her objective. If she dared open her eyes, she'd fine out that the pages had all disappeared, and now there was only one thing in front of her: the chest. A small, brown chest, one that could contain... a book. A single book inside.

However, there was one thing standing in her way: the Librarian. The Dungeon was apparently looking at her, and it stayed that way for a few moments before speaking:

You have struggled a lot to reach this place.

Behind my back there is what you'd call a "reward".

Nevertheless, is this reward really worth the pain? What is it that you're searching for, anyway?

Is knowledge really that important?
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 16th 2014, 7:24 pm

I am searching for a way to prevent my past from repeating itself, I feel as if the failures of my past are coming back to haunt me, and on top of that I feel the need to know what happened in my past. she said to the librarian, as sincerely and honestly as she had answered his first question...

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 16th 2014, 7:30 pm

...very well.

The Librarian, after nodding to Aria's words, turned around and slowly opened the box. He took something in his hands and presented it to Aria with profound care: a book enclosed in a dark cloth to protect it from harm.

This is the Book of Memories. He explains. It'll allow you to speak with your past self at any given point of your history, as long as you remember said point...

It is not often that I get such brave visitors. His voice has some affection on it. Please take it, young girl. You have earned it.
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari on January 16th 2014, 7:33 pm

When the librarian took out the book and asked her to take it Aria smiled at him, tears of happiness in her eyes as she gently, almost tenderly took the book from him, clutching it to her chest protectively. I will treasure this always, thank you Sir. she said with a smile as she waited for something to happen now that she had gotten her reward...

Akari
Akari

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling on January 16th 2014, 7:42 pm

A flash of light would engulf Aria as she embraced the book. She'd be forced to close his eyes and she'd feel how the surface below her feet disappears for a moment. The next thing she'd know was that she was back outside, back to the desert, back to where Lea Garza was waiting for her with a smile.

Observe, young lady. He points at the Dungeon.

The Royal Library of Alexandria begins to tremble, as if it was about to collapse. However, it is not destroyed, but rather slowly swallowed by the sands. A minute later, there was no trace of the Dungeon ever being there.

You have cleared the Third Dungeon: The Royal Library of Alexandria, Miss Aria. Congratulations. He claps a little at her victory.

Now, if you'd let me give you some advice.[/i] He says, looking a bit more serious. I heard the last thing you said to the Librarian. You spoke of the "failures" of your past coming back to haunt you. You should use that book in order to learn from your past... but never curse it. It's because of the past that you're now here. Be it full of failures or not, it's still something to be treasured. Believe me, Lea Garza smiles, indicating that he talks from experience, I'm older, so I know.

Any questions regarding the use of the book?
Aisling
Aisling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next