» Marionette
Heart to Heart EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
Heart to Heart EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
Heart to Heart EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
Heart to Heart EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
Heart to Heart EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

Heart to Heart

Go down

Heart to Heart Empty Heart to Heart

Post by Yima on December 30th 2013, 9:02 pm

In this topic, I want us all to touch base as this site’s community. We, the staff, have noticed some problems since the shift in the system. We want to help smooth things out and sort out any misunderstandings. We want this to be a healthy discussion, to make sure that we’re all on the same page. Please do not insult anybody and treat each other with respect. Also, make sure to know that this isn’t targeting any single user and is for the purpose of bettering the relationships in our community. We want the site to thrive and succeed and for us as a community to have fun not just with their stories, but with each other.

Community, Respect, and Fun:
A major reason why the site switched to a story-centered system to create a closer knit community of RPers. This in turn would lead to a more fun and lighter atmosphere.

We have noticed some issues in RPing since the new system has been implemented. It seems that a lot of people are focusing on having fun too much, while not taking other members in consideration. While this does accomplish the fun objective, it deteriorates the community. Members are getting too involved in their own stories, forgetting to consider other members, which leads to disrespecting them and causing the other members to not have fun.

This new system is supposed to be more member-moderated, and that means more than just calling out somebody if they're being OP. It also means that as a community, we're supposed to respect each other in our decisions and actions. Another purpose is to make members talk to each other before going to the staff, to understand each other so nobody will be misunderstood and people will be able to get along better.

We are supposed to have fun, but not at the cost of ruining it for other members. You should keep that in mind if somebody is upset at your post. Communication is key, and if you communicate with the person, you will more than likely be able to sort out the problem. The same goes in reverse, as well. If somebody contacts you about something that upsets them, make sure to listen to them and hear them out. If all else fails and you cannot seem to come to a compromise, talk to the staff and sort it out with them.

Fighting and Epicitis:
Fights are often a tricky situation to handle if there is a dispute. There have been several cases where people have had problems when fighting people. Somebody has an ability that is very over powered, yet still fits under the power cap. Another issue is a loss of interest in a fight, which leads to a major disrespect problem.

There is a term known as Epicitis, which is used to explain somebody who wants to seem very epic and awesome and super powerful. There is nothing innately wrong with Epicitis and it is understandable where it comes from. A lot of people watch a fighting anime, like Dragon Ball Z, and want have fights that destroy cities. I myself have had this before, as well as other staff members.

The problem that arises is that it causes people to use very over powered abilities for the aesthetics. While these abilities don’t exceed the power cap or are forbidden, they push it. The power cap is abused greatly and over powered abilities are created that are unfair to all members involved in the fight. That is where Epicitis goes too far. If a member contacts you about it and seems upset by it, make sure to be considerate and tone it down.

Engaging in a fight is engaging in a commitment. Sometimes, fight end up not being fun because you’re losing or about to die and some people want to quit or decide to do it their own way and over power themselves. This is extremely inconsiderate to the person you’re fighting and disrespectful to them. If you agree to join a fight, you should make a commitment to yourself and the person you’re fighting that you will make sure to be as fair as you can and to be considerate, even if it means dying. If you don’t, then you can end up offending a lot of people and making them not have fun.

The Complications and Expectations of Collab Writing:
The site is a collaborative story system, rather than a singular story system. If you want to tell a story you have complete control over, you should post it in the Library. It is impossible to tell a story the exact way you want to tell it because it’s just not you writing it. Everybody on the site is writing a large, collaborative story together. It may not be always be involved with each other, but it will always be connected. Expect things to not go your way, story wise, and embrace it. Adapt. Use it to your advantage to tell a story that you didn’t even know. There is no singular main character; there is no “chosen one”. Every character is the main character, and every character is as important as the next. Your importance to others is determined by the people around you and your reputation.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity; I use it as a jumping rope"

Feel free to send me any feedback you have about site and or ideas.  ^_^

If you have a topic that you want to discus at length to improve the site please do so in the suggestion section so we can all be a part and move forward from there together.

An Amv I Like
Yima
Yima

Back to top Go down

Heart to Heart Empty Re: Heart to Heart

Post by Ikarus/Ren on December 30th 2013, 9:38 pm

Yes I agree with you Yima, I also want to point out that people kinda push there story line into other players. I did it on acident but I have had it happen to me multiple times.

Ikarus theme song:  Ikarus

Ikarus fight song:Wings of Ikarus
Ikarus/Ren
Ikarus/Ren

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynette Elise on December 30th 2013, 10:01 pm

To be honest, I've had issues with some of these problems myself over time and I *like* to think that I've gotten *most* of it out of my system.

This isn't to say that I don't lapse now and again, because I'm relatively certain that I do, and I will.

I agree with everything that Yima said. This isn't an *easy* system to work with, but it is infinitely more rewarding on a creative level than what we had before. It's going to be difficult. We are going to make mistakes. We are going to have to be willing to talk to each other and work things out.

I truly believe that we can do this.

* If you add me on a chat medium such as Yahoo, let me know who you are, because I don't accept connections to those I don't know.
Lynette Elise
Lynette Elise

http://thegrizzleyden.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on December 30th 2013, 10:05 pm

I would actually like to bring up the concept of taboo actions and abilities.

A taboo, for those who don't know, are essentially things that are generally looked down upon by society, though they aren't necessarily illegal.

Taboo actions and abilities on the site would be things that can be done, but are generally discouraged.

Some ones I can think of is:

Dying and resurrection shortly after.
One post attacks/abilities that are able to block or stop attacks/abilities that were charged up for more than one post.
Massive AoE spells that can affect an entire city.

Anybody else have any queries with these or have more they would want to add?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikarus/Ren on December 30th 2013, 10:10 pm

Well, there is with xerns ice shards, which don't take much effort, but I think that that is not ok, even as playing as the charecter, and then there is my blizzard, which makes every ones vision blurry.

Ikarus theme song:  Ikarus

Ikarus fight song:Wings of Ikarus
Ikarus/Ren
Ikarus/Ren

Back to top Go down

Post by Occam on December 30th 2013, 10:14 pm

This system has given me the ability to create a plot for a character like Zeikke. He may or may not be built for combat but the old system prevented his main idea because he couldn't do a lot with slots and the main issue with it was that earning it took too long.  By then the muse would be gone or a good or bad change. Plots can't wait for slots when we had a limit to plot power.

Also the revamp in charry slots has helped give us the ability to create plots like a one between two of my charries (no spoilers0 but in a way to where they will not be slaves. Which was the fear of the last era.

Although due to my past on bleach sites of all kinds I am used to it
Occam
Occam

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander_Fyreborn on December 30th 2013, 10:17 pm

I happen to agree with this. Tho I'm new, I've had a little experience with this setup before, and those are common problems. I will admit, I often have times where I can't so much help being one of those problems, ether due to getting too into character, inexperience, or even out of character anger with someone.
I've tried to limit this with Alex/Fyre, but even just looking around I've seen it be a problem with other users.
I agree with Mana's idea of "taboo actions". Maybe it's something we should consider.

"Such a weak heart.."
"Oh, right. Alex is your friend.. Well, I'M not."
Alex's Darkside
Alexander_Fyreborn
Alexander_Fyreborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down