» Marionette
What is your Character's Theme? EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 2:31 pm by +/-

» suck on my magnum dong
What is your Character's Theme? EmptyOctober 18th 2018, 9:25 pm by Gemini

» It's my birthday.
What is your Character's Theme? EmptyOctober 4th 2018, 8:20 pm by Gemini

» EW
What is your Character's Theme? EmptySeptember 9th 2018, 3:53 am by Gemini

» What are Your Current Plans for Your Character?
What is your Character's Theme? EmptyFebruary 11th 2018, 7:33 pm by Chastelle

Statistics
We have 3557 registered users
The newest registered user is Shirou Seeker of Duckness

Our users have posted a total of 143994 messages in 12544 subjects

What is your Character's Theme?

Go down

What is your Character's Theme? Empty What is your Character's Theme?

Post by Alexander on December 1st 2013, 8:38 am

You read the title? Good. Because by theme I mean three things.

The first is musical theme! What is a good theme to give your character when they enter a topic? Not to fight necessarily but just to like... announce they are there?

The second is ability theme! Usually displayed by the elements you have, but some characters have an overarching them built into their abilities! I like to know what these are, and sometimes, just thinking about your abilities can show you an archetype you never saw! Its interesting to see what a character's skill-set says about the creator!

The third is Character theme! A lot of characters have a type of motif or trope they follow, even if the creator has been made aware of it (see:its all been done before). Just like the second question, the motif of the character says a lot about the creator, and how they view their character! To be fair, I'll start below.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

What is your Character's Theme? Empty Re: What is your Character's Theme?

Post by Alexander on December 1st 2013, 8:38 am

I'm a huge fan of epic, symphonic music. Its got to be complex, its got be heart-rending, and it has to mean something for my character. My main themes have for a long time been Coheed and Cambria and right now, this symphonic melody that Rorschach led me to of their album "In Keeping Secrets of the Silent Earth 3", is my crack (and my third favorite album, behind the Black Rainbow and Afterman Dualogy). I can practically hear Alexander's entire story in the rhythm, and that just tickles me pink. He walks into a topic with this melody carrying his whole history.

Alexander's ability theme has changed a lot since I created him. He has always had the wind affinity, but primarily has existed (in my mind) as a light user. He has a few themes that overlay atop one another. His passive abilities mostly revolve around his race, the Dissident (formerly Dissentient). We see a lot of references to his soulless nature and 'toxic' body, as well as two items in his arsenal also derived from the curse. These are meant to drive Alexander to a point of internal conflict. He looks like he is human, acts like he is human, but doesn't understand whether he is more for his abilities, less for his monstrosity and is unable to accept that it doesn't matter.
This comes into conflict with his mastery over light, which is the result of an accident. His heart was torn asunder by guilt and in addition to the actions that guilt is born of part of the reason he believes he is a monster. Vulnerable, emotional, and weak the fact that Alexander was a wielder of light and did not succumb do darkness represents that despite his belief that he is nothing more than a vile creature that he strongly desires to mean something more to himself and to others. Its a psychological stressing point for him.

His overall theme with this, on purpose, is to exploit the fact that Alexander is a goodhearted person who lacks a soul, and is at constant odds with himself because he believes that its impossible for him to exist as a being on equal footing with his peers because he lacks the most basic, fundamentally defining trait life should possess-- the actual spark of life. His over theme, like most of my characters, is to explore what it means to be human, and learn the value of a soul.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinzo of Gales on December 1st 2013, 10:14 am

I'm not going to lie, and most probably noticed, Shinzo is based off of Vergil from DMC albeit heavily. Like the whole iaido aspect, the wind slashes (DMC 4), the devil trigger, half-demon blood. Ironically, I use the nephilim Vergil rather than the actual original one. If you couldn't tell, I also use Beowulf, his physical gauntlets and boots, and a fun fact I use Weiss' gunblade from FFVII Dirge of Cerberus. So it is a katana-affiliated character, obviously from Land of Dragons. I try to go with the wise-master-esque personality. I don't like setting personality in stone, so I go with how I play him.

Shinzo is supposed to be an elegant fighter. His attacks are elegant, the wounds he inflicts are clean. I even have a spell called Perfect Edge to represent the fact that he is an elegant character, which allows him a high cutting power but if by chance it has the force to do so, will go through the object clean. For example, you know how in movies when someone gets decapitated but the head doesn't come off at that moment? Yeah. Also, WIND BIFFLES. But you're evil so not yet. Shinzo is also meant to be a master, to run his own dojo of sorts.

Currently he's only teaching Tyler and that hasn't kick-started yet. He also has a history with Emperors of LOD, a positive one. He's like a ronin and the title "Shinzo of Gales" is supposed to represent he USED to be a person of significance somewhere. Of course, he's over a hundred years old and probably forgotten by the descendants of those whom knew him whether personally or by the fact he has a forgotten legacy.

Eventually I want to implement a creature that binds to him called the Incarnate. That's all I'm saying about that.
Shinzo of Gales
Shinzo of Gales

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirou on December 1st 2013, 10:36 am

Shirou's theme, if anything, is It's Time because it matches his theme of progression. The sound to the song itself isn't too serious or dramatic either, because that's not Shirou.

Ability theme is adaptation and survival. Shirou was originally very low in defense and stamina, so I designed his abilities to end a battle quick without taking injury. But overall, his abilities need to allow him to adapt to nearly every situation.

Shirou's character theme is progression. Shirou will always be progression as a character, he will always be growing. He will never really stop moving forward, but there will be a day when his story ends on here and he'll leave this place behind.

[23:25:24] Zihark joined the chat on 10/17/2011, 11:25 pm
[23:27:16] Zihark : I SUSCEDE SHIROU VELOX, YOUR IDEA WAS BETTER

[02:13:16] Etzolix : YOU WON'T
[02:13:18] Etzolix : I GOT YIMA ON A LEASH

[1:41:03 AM] "Ansem": I only have
[1:41:09 AM] "Ansem": 500 munny
[1:41:20 AM] "Ansem": ....IMA WELFARE PIMP

Shirou
Shirou

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on December 1st 2013, 10:42 am

Until further notice, this is my character's theme. Self explanatory.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by St. Elmo on December 2nd 2013, 10:19 pm

Jack's theme was formally 'Light em Up' by Fall Out Boy because of his the song's references to fire, violence, condescension, dealings with the devil, writing (breaking the fourth wall here), and its overall tempo and tone. Not to mention my obsession with Fall Out Boy.

Now, I feel that Jack's theme has transitioned to Deranged by Coheed and Cambria. After being introduced to this song by a friend, I felt that the song described Jack on multiple levels. One was his relationship with another character, but I'll focus on the deeper level, which leads us to the overall theme of Jack Hallcome.

Jack's story focuses on the aspects of the psyche. Different parts of Jack represent the id, ego, and superego. For example, Jack Hallcome himself is the id. His Nobody, Erasmus, is the superego, as despite his seeking to differentiate himself from Jack, he retains most of the teen's narcissism, to a less extravagant degree. The superego is described as the  special psychical agency which performs the task of seeing that narcissistic satisfaction from the id is realized. seeks to please the id’s drive in realistic ways that will benefit in the long term rather than bring grief. Being that Jack, the id, is completely incapacitated within his own insanity, the ego seeks to benefit itself, now. Coincidentally, the ego is the yet to be formally introduced demon that lives within Jack's heart. The overall theme of Jack's story delves into the human mind and what it means to truly be insane. It breaks down the parts of the persona into separate characters in order to better illustrate how they interact an effect one another.

Jack's ability theme focused on raw insanity given mass through means of fire. Jack thought himself a god, and originated from the Underworld. Therefor, delusions of himself being a kind of reaper ensued. Obviously, the elements of fire and earth were used. The addition of illusion was a twist of irony from myself. I thought it funny for him to control illusions while trapped in his own illusion of sanity.

Erasmus's abilities focus on a more purified version of  Jack's. Fire becomes lightning. Earth becomes glass. Illusion becomes a shell that is identical to Jack. His signature skill is where I derived his name- Erasmus creates St. Elmo's Fire to amplify his lightning.

[14:48:36] Cool : Sorry for being a bitch earlier guys
St. Elmo
St. Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Etzolix on December 2nd 2013, 10:28 pm

WE'RE ONE AND THE SAMMEEEEEEEEEE; DERANGED.

In this cold reality,
I made this selfish war machine.
Etzolix
Etzolix

Back to top Go down

Post by Nero~ on December 2nd 2013, 10:40 pm

My theme would probaly be who are you by the who. The song drives the mystery of the charecter.

fight songAngle of darkness

Timeline:  https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t12666-nero-s-timeline

Combat level:1
MP:Unknown
Nero~
Nero~

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on December 3rd 2013, 12:09 am

My song is cooking by the book from lazy town

Im sure it's obvious I need no reason to explain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lifegiver on December 3rd 2013, 12:20 am

shinkis is 115(kino der toten) COD (BLAOK OP 1)
Lifegiver
Lifegiver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenos on December 3rd 2013, 12:40 am

....Lazy Town? Please tell me that's something different from the Lazy Town I'm thinking of xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Felonix on December 3rd 2013, 2:21 am

I love epic music, cinematic scores, etc., so it's no surprise that I would choose epic music for Felonix lol.

IC:

0:00- Sitting at a bar, lighting up a cigarette when a young stranger with a sword and a "prove-it-all" attitude walks in with some of his punk friends and begins laughing at the old Nobody General sitting at the bar. He walks up, puts his hand on Felonix's shoulder, and asks "Why do you continue to fight, nobody, when you've all but been forgotten?"

0:14- Why do I fight? He shifts in his seat, beginning to turn to the stranger behind him and ashing the cigarette in the tray in front of him. Why do I still exist for it?

0:28- Just because I'm a Nobody doesn't mean I can give up. Just because my heart is nonexistent doesn't mean I can't fight as if I have one.

0:44- He stands, coldly, knocking over his barstool. He grabs the strangers hand off his shoulder, twisting it and forcing its owner to the ground in submission. His other hand reached towards his back, and returned wielding his sword, Burning Rage, which burst to life in his hand, and rested it ever so gently on along the stranger's neck.

0:55- If you don't understand why I fight then you don't deserve to sit in my presence. I've fought to redeem worlds in stead of the worlds that I've failed. I've fought to defend my honor, something you have nothing of.

1:09- I've killed innocents and victims along with malicious men and women who would see the worlds drown, I've saved your life countless times and you don't even know it!

1:24- Now shouting, he continued. I've faced dangers you couldn't even imagine! I've been pronounced dead, frozen, lost in space, and lifeless on a beach for years! And time won't release it's grip on me!

1:35- So if you must know, I fight because it gives me a purpose! It's all we've ever wanted! I don't stop fighting because I don't have a heart! I continue fighting because I still have a soul!!

1:50- He turns, the stranger now silent and hanging his head as Felonix kicks him to the ground, his friends stunned. Felonix flicks the near-finished cigarette in his direction, grabs the barstool and sets it upright, sitting down again and returning to his drink.

2:01- I still have a soul..

What is your Character's Theme? Feloni11

Felonix
Felonix

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on December 3rd 2013, 9:15 am

Kenos wrote:....Lazy Town? Please tell me that's something different from the Lazy Town I'm thinking of xD
Nope

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth on December 3rd 2013, 5:16 pm

Lenneth (Only Len...talking about Hrist and Sil is too much trouble)  actually has a mixed theme of the two songs as they represent his two major driving forces in his life, how lives, how he views things and people. First off Theme for Scanty & Kneesocks which alludes pretty much how he act IC. A fun loving guy thats looking for a good time above anything else. And of course is one always one thats on the prowl for the next physical release of tension. That being said his also a pretty care free fellow considering he only really cares if his enjoying himself while ignoring the rest around him.  Of course with most people his got his own tragic side Stay the night The reason here pretty much is that unlike himself he doesn't expect people to be around long and his trying to hold their onto thoughts or keep those happy times as long as he can.  

Ability wise I think its been stated or me quite a bit but Lenneth is all about General one hit burst damage, very much in terms of a glass cannon. Unloading all his power into one or two shots before finishing them off with his strength which is around equal but a little less of his magical power. He was made around dealing as much damage as he could in the least amount of time though finding when to is his key, precision over clumsy wasted power.  As a glass cannon though his power came at a price and he took around 1.5X all sources that people threw at him, sure he was made with crazy agility though one can't dodge everything. My abilities also share the interesting fact of being quite flashy, over the top and even some demonic theme darkness names during the ealiar phases of my guy before i was into the whole lust aspect. Recently though abilties have been more in line with my over all character theme.

Finally My character's over all theme itself now has been the very embodiment of lust and desire itself and all manners of it, the good and the bad (within still my own personal taste).  He's been used to put it blunelty, used, discarded and used again once he got more interesting then left behind once it got boring. So for him its been about living in the moment and treating others for the sake of a good time before their eventually departure in his life and his fully embraced it in sexual means, since its been the only means of him feeling happy.  Which means for him that he honesty doesn't believe in actually love or anything that associate to it any more (This is mostly due to Riku his husband killing him). His story is a love story to be honest, a person whos overwhelming beauty, power and experiences make him the ultimate object of desire but preventing him from finding that one that can see past it. And ya thats me rping his entire exp with that kinda mentality and life style out till I come to its conclusion.

The La Vaeas of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi on December 3rd 2013, 8:42 pm

Im not gonna lie, Ty is a real underdog character, and he always gets back up when he's knocked down, and because of this His Theme is I May Fall From RWBY. It really shows a side of him that even he hasn't seen much of, but will be getting more and more time soon.

As for ability themes, he really doesn't have any themes other than Hope and Summoning Spirits...

Last edited by Tyler on December 4th 2013, 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Etzolix wrote:[19:52:18 10/09/13] @ Etzolix : I LOVE DICK
[19:52:19 10/09/13] @ Etzolix : wait FUCK.

Kia wrote:[19:15:02] Kia : What do you expect Cool?
[19:15:11] Kia : We are SAIKOUS after all.

Yima (Talking about The site) wrote:As for the place I perceive it as a zombie; it's never truly dead xD.
Takeshi
Takeshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dravocn on December 3rd 2013, 11:28 pm

To be honest my character Dravocn has a theme that for me would have to be interpreted from several songs at once mainly due to his area of person is "I don't understand people but i will do whatever it takes to protect the ones I care for." and "I find it easier to do things that make things easier in the long run" So based on all of the songs i've listened to excluding symphonic music i'd say his musical themes would be Headstrong by Trapt due to his want to make friends and to protect them, Kryptonite by Three Doors Down due due to his wanting to be missed or wanted by friends even if he turns into a bad character, How to save a life by The Fray due to his wanting for friends and never wanting to lose them, The last song by All American Rejects because he knows he is socially inapt in terms of understanding people but he still wants to be missed and remembered by his friends, Move along by All American Rejects because he doesn't beleive anyone else should feel bad he prefers to hold the weight of the world on his shoulders (Atlas Syndrome), Pretender by Foo Fighters because he will never give in he will always try even things look bleak and he will never sell out his beliefs even the alternative is the beneficial option.

He is a very intelligent and caring character but he lacks the ability to understand social logic (like lying even when it would hurt people, he treats everyone in a way where if he were to be put in a situation like that he would like you to (aka the golden rule)) so his entire theme is more about trying to understand people and basically get over his childhood loneliness by filling his life with as many friends as he can possibly get.

https://kingdomhearts.forumotion.net/t11717-dravocn-maximillion-hecoro#138740
Heart: Darkness
Illusion, Space, Time.
Dravocn
Dravocn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Nicholas on December 7th 2013, 10:40 pm

Jameson (my toon) has two themes: One for his "heroic determination" mode, and one for battle when he's seriously kicking ass.

Just imagine this guy standing up on a hill with the sun behind him - cape flowing dramatically in the wind, to this music. That's heroic determination.

And this song for his battle scenes.

He's really my idea of a true hero: A proponent of justice. A noble man with a good heart and an indomitable, never-say-die spirit. He's the Hope Bringer - wherever he goes, the Good Guys get a huge morale boost, while the Bad Guys collectively crap their pants.
Sir Nicholas
Sir Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post by T3rran on December 12th 2013, 6:02 pm

Terran Trialfire... for starters, he's been given such a strange start to his life. Mentally disabled enough to where he could barely give coherent thoughts, paralyzed to where none of him could move, but allowed to live... not that the life was really worth living. Thirteen years he laid in a hospital bed, just kept breathing, and eating. Nothing more, nothing less. He then makes a miracle recovery, and all disabilities are gone, nothing is hindering him anymore. He's free, in a sense. Fate spins a new story, and he ends up getting tossed away, landing in an unknown world with one goal in mind: Home. Family. Friends. The life he missed out on. So, while this may make a few people cringe: Home by Daughtry makes the most sense for him.

His ability theme... it's a tough one. They all revolve around his suit, granting him various abilities as the current Variant he has. The Elite Knight armor's theme is protection, and is the original suit he found. It's sort of ironic then, that with the Elite Knight variant, he failed to protect his home. But, as he grows stronger on his journey, his suit will get upgraded as well. So I guess his abilities overall theme would be growth and maturing as a person, and a fighter.

His actual theme? Simple: You only get one shot at life, don't waste it.

T3rran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down